Thread: OT - The Twisted Cabaret of the Damned.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know this is off-topic but I know there are some Damned fans on here. For all of us in the UK I can't recommend the current Damned tour enough. They are really up for the tour and playing good tight sets. The Cabaret show before them is fun and sexy, makes a change from dull local bands that no-one really wants to see.

So if you get the chance go see the Damned before Christmas.

TwistCabFlyer72dpi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just an average guitar player trying to get his band where it belongs, but thank you coen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It all depends on the openings act, if they're good then people will notice, but if they sound like a cheesy punk rip-off band, 3 fast chords with a mindless solo put in usually not even a key change during the chorus, then nobody wants to see that shit, I can write songs like that while taking a shit, anybody can... All in all if you?re good people will want to see you not just the closing act...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

damn right, but audiences with biased ideas on support acts are quite a tough nut to crack, no matter how good you are. all i'm saying is, that generalizing local support acts as "dull" is plainly unfair towards those who can catch the audience if they are open for it.

with my band I have experienced both. we played with demented are go and the people just looked stupid with their arms crossed (still did when DAG played, though). and we played with the Bones and people told us they were happy to see a more than adequate support act.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by JGoaten:
    I know this is off-topic but I know there are some Damned fans on here. For all of us in the UK I can't recommend the current Damned tour enough. They are really up for the tour and playing good tight sets. The Cabaret show before them is fun and sexy, makes a change from dull local bands that no-one really wants to see.

So if you get the chance go see the Damned before Christmas.
    Saw the Damned this August in Hamburg.They where awsome! Take your chance and don't miss them!!!

TwistCabFlyer72dpi
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I play in one of these "dull local bands" that have to support bigger acts until the blood and sweat days pay off. And I tell you what, people who don't support their local punkrock or rockabilly or ska or mod or whatever scene, shouldn't go to gigs. they ought to go home and fuck themselves pretty damn well because I'd rather play for 30 people who are willing to have fun than for 300 snobbish farts who can't wait to see "the headliner".

sorry for ranting, but these kinds of remarks really piss me off.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ December 12, 2007 12:13 PM: Message edited by: kraut ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I totally agree with you dude! Local punkrockbands keep the scene alive! Kraut, you're a hero! ;-)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the Damned!! I got to catch most of their shows when they were in the States on tour last year!
    The bass player of the Damned (Stu West) will be playing a reunion show with Foxy (he'll be filling John Maurers shoes) on Saturday Jan. 12th at Ceros in Anaheim. It is a one time gig while he's out here from England for the Punk Rock Bowling Tournament in Vegas.
    If anybodys interested, it should be a great show, and only $5 (cheap drinks too).
    Oh and John, I'm glad you got to see them again! Did you find Stu and say hi?? He still wears the t-shirt you gave him. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kraut - don't take my comment personally. I'll admit it was a bit of a generalisation, but how many provincial gigs have you seen recently in England? All we seem to get these days are indie / Artic Monkeys sound-a-likes. Which I really don't like.

I've been to a lot of gigs over the years and have liked plenty of support bands. Some I continued to support and went to see on their own. Unfortunately we don't have much of a thriving punk, rockabilly, psycho, whatever scene around here, so we are stuck with bands I don't like supporting bands I do.

I think you kinda missed some of the point I was trying to make and that's that the Damned are trying something different with the support for this tour, and it's new and refreshing. Some people like it and some people don't but that's the same with any support.

I actually like what I heared of your band from the links you have posted and would welcome the moonshine gamblers as a support, but you don't live in the north of England so there is no chance of that.

Sorry to Piss you off but that's how it is here.