Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gibson Robot Guitar (already selling out for the Holidays)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the compliment les paul player. I have trained my ear enough to know when my guitar is out of tune, but i have terrible pitch and tuning it without the help of a tuner is pretty much out of the question, but like you said, as long as I can get low E perfect (I can), then i just tune the guitar to itself.

As a music major in college, I sat through hours of "ear training" in front of a piano having to identify the difference between every interval up through an octave and a half and had to be able to identify an augmented, diminished, minor, major, add chords, etc. when i hear them. It was hard work and only came with hours of practice.

After its all said and done, my pitch is still terrible and i cant tune a guitar.

As for the guitar that tunes itself? Well, clearly its not for everybody, but like i said, i think its one of the most inovative ideas i have ever seen. I probably will never buy one, but i equate this to advancements in automotive engineering. Everything used to be purely mechanical, but now everything is computerized. Its a sign of the times. Perhaps in 20 years all guitars will tune themselves and purists like me and some of you will be the "oldtimers" trying to keep the old art alive.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tru dat!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Once upon a time you actually had to focus your camera manually, and you couldnt just plug it into your computer to see pictures, you had to get the film developed. Same thing. I'm guessing before long, you will forget the day when you had to tune your guitar by yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12