-
March 26th, 2008, 05:43 PM
#1
Inactive Member
anyone else going to check him out on this current tour?
i gotta say, for an old man, the guy still puts on one helluva old school straight ahead rock show.
seeing him here in south florida on april 18
-
March 27th, 2008, 12:51 AM
#2
Inactive Member
A buddy of mine (and fellow SxDx member) is a big Springsteen fan and the buzz on those message boards is that he might guest at the Ness show at the Stone Pony in May.
He seems to always show up and jam with a band in the NJ area before going back on tour (in this case Europe?). He is also home and not scheduled for anything during that show date.
We will see as we chose to buy tix and drive 2 hours to NJ instead of 45 minutes to Philly to see Mike and Co.
-
March 27th, 2008, 01:20 AM
#3
Inactive Member
yes, bruce is just fine on this tour. i saw him in philly and at madison square. like anyone else, age creeps in. the shows are a little shorter but they are still top notch. the band is tight and he still jumbles the setlist. bruce has always been a fan of sd and for some strange reason there are a ton of bruce/ sd fans. i hope the pony visit comes to fruition. its a crapshoot but ive seen bruce jump up onstage at the pony a couple times and its pretty cool.
-
March 27th, 2008, 01:54 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Bruce is going to be at the Honda Center in Anaheim on April 7th and 8th. Since I saw both shows at the LA Sports Arena in October I'm gonna pass on those shows.
That venue(honda center) sucks, IMO the Sports Arena is a great place for a concert and these "new" arenas just plain drain all the energy out of the performer not to mention 85% of the crowd.
-
March 27th, 2008, 01:59 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Back in Jan/Feb when Social D played multiple dates here, I said the only thing left to see would be Bruce showing up for Misery Loves Company. Hope it happens in NJ. We've discussed it before, I'd love to see Bruce again, but I'm not paying 100+ dollars to see a show in a stadium. I don't blame him for doing it, it would be a mess if he tried to play smaller shows, it's just not for me.
-
March 27th, 2008, 11:40 AM
#6
Inactive Member
yeah, the cost is ridiculous these days.. 100 bucks a show makes it tough to go multiple times anymore. i agree these new arenas for the most part seem to blow for sound. bruce often makes fun of them at the shows. he has said many times how he likes the old arenas. he cant stand the corporate named monsters they have now. mike ness is no cheap ticket either. christ, 2 tix for the stone pony cost 90 bucks after i got raped with ticketbastard fees.
-
March 28th, 2008, 01:55 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Yep -I saw him back in October. AMAZING show. I've seen him 3x now, and this was the best so far. He's a fantastic performer, singer, songwriter, and guitar player. One of my favorites.
-
March 28th, 2008, 03:13 AM
#8
Inactive Member
I seen Bruce on his last tour and was blown away!!!!I might have to pick up Tickets for the Stone Pony show.
-
March 28th, 2008, 03:28 AM
#9
Inactive Member
yeah, the price is getting a little out of control. after i got done with ticketbastard fees and all, i think the total was $110 for my seat. but hey, if they guy can sell out everywhere he goes at that price, it only makes good business sense to charge it. can't say i entirely blame him.
for my entertainment value, i believe i will get what I paid for though. otherwise, i wouldn't have shelled it out.
-
May 5th, 2008, 07:32 PM
#10
Inactive Member
I went to the show on Friday night and was lucky enough to win the pit lottery. all i have to say is WOW. that was my 3rd time seeing The Boss live and he keeps getting better and better as he gets older and older.
One of the more amazing concert experiences I've ever had
This is me (the top of my head w/ the hat on)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks