Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Attention "Old School" members!! Announcing a Social DVD trading tree...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haha. Nice outlawz.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Outlawz has this thing wrapped up tight but I can't help but throw in my two cents.

There are a lot of people here who have no problem signing up for trading trees and asking for shows to be sent to them. That's fine, I totally understand wanting to be able to have a copy of a show.

There are only a few people who have ever offered shows to the community on this board. And I can't count them on one hand. A big part of the fun of this whole thing is being able to share our common interest with one another.

Maybe before one starts asking for shows, try something new and offer a show. These trading trees are fun, but a lot of work just to hook-up a bunch of people you've never and probably never will meet.

Be happy someone is taking some of their time and money for the benefit of everyone else.

So I just want to take this chance to thank some of the people on this board who've hooked me up over the time I've been here:

King Of Fools - who keeps this whole thing goin for all of us

J.Goaten - who hooked me up in beginning

Outlawz - the "mainliner"

Plus, the people that got the gmail accounts going, everyone that has ever posted an mp3, and everyone who has ever come through on a trade. Thanks.

I'll step down from the soapbox now...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Word to that, Wedge.

Inactive Member guitar_gangster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

for the record the whole rookie, old school ranking thing is bullshit i've been a god damn social d fan since i was 12 years old, i am now 25....i have been visiting this site for about three years, and i don't see the point in ranking people just through the number of posts they have made. i could sit here every day and make 85 posts a day if i really wanted to get "old school" status...it doesn't mean shit, sorry i'm not a post whore. i was involved in the last trading tree and i got my discs copied them and passed them on. so you can include me in your little group if you want to, i have always thought social d has some of the greatest and nicest fans in the world, but now i don't know maybe i was wrong

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The disks are prepared and ready to be shipped!! Please make copies and send the originals on.

In order to start this tree on the right track, I have chosen to divide the North American tree into three branches.

The revised tree is listed below. I have emailed the first board member in each branch requesting their shipping address.

Rookies who have signed up are located at the end of each shortened branch. In addition, I have also personally agreed to send out additional disks on my own to those Rookie's who personally asked me to include them.

Branch 1 - Rest of the World
    Sender - Outlawz [email protected] US
    1) Lostheart / [email protected]/ Germany
    2) Anotherstateofmind / [email protected]/ Germany
    3) sean606 / [email protected]/ UK

Branch 2 - North America (please include Canada)
    Sender - Outlawz [email protected] US
    1)[email protected] california,us
    2)Playpen SxDx / [email protected] / Oklahoma-US
    3)RoadZOmbie /[email protected] / CA - US
    4)AmericanWaste / [email protected] / TX -US
    5)wark/ [email protected]/ TX-US

Branch 3 - North America (please include Canada)
    1)Wedge0chez /[email protected] / NJ-US
    2)mykbyk95 / [email protected] / VA - US
    3)wolfpits / [email protected] / CA - US
    4)Dan 1 / [email protected] / CA - US
    5)[email protected] / CA - US

Branch 4 - North America (please include Canada)
    1)Merklee / [email protected] / PA ? US
    2)SocialFUKIND/[email protected]/PA-US
    3)KoF / [email protected] / KY - US
    4)guitar_gangster / [email protected] / MD ?US
    5)TruTilDeath / [email protected] / NJ - US

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ January 26, 2006 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Outlawz ]</font></font>

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ January 26, 2006 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Outlawz ]</font></font>

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ January 27, 2006 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Outlawz ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by guitar_gangster:
    for the record the whole rookie, old school ranking thing is bullshit i've been a god damn social d fan since i was 12 years old, i am now 25....i have been visiting this site for about three years, and i don't see the point in ranking people just through the number of posts they have made. i could sit here every day and make 85 posts a day if i really wanted to get "old school" status...it doesn't mean shit, sorry i'm not a post whore. i was involved in the last trading tree and i got my discs copied them and passed them on. so you can include me in your little group if you want to, i have always thought social d has some of the greatest and nicest fans in the world, but now i don't know maybe i was wrong
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Keep them posts coming...you're now one post closer to "Old School" status. I kid, I kid.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ January 26, 2006 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Outlawz ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

KOF you should change it to."New School"and "Old Timers"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I may be a rookie on this board but how many people here can say they saw Social D and Minor Threat together in the early 80's in DC and Philly. Ive been into them for close to 25 years, that alone should make me "Old School". Ive just started collecting live shows and records that is the only rookie thing about me when it comes to Social D.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Too many hands are gettin themselves in the cookie jar - let's let Outlawz run the thing the way he wants.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your support. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color=orange>Attention:</font> I have revised the tree by editing my previous post.

To speed things up more, I have now divided the US tree into three branches.

I have sent out the disks to all the branches except branch 2.

I am waiting for "ludeboy" to send me his mailing address via email and will send branch 2 when I recieve it. [img]cool.gif[/img]