Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, really SocialDsd1210.. I do love how you were laughing.. I read the topic and giggled... sometimes things are just funny. When you laugh, it's just as innocent as the question. This topic is one of those innocent questions that when you respond to it, you can't help but feel like some cocky jerk cause you can say "yeah, I've met em.." and like the next thing you should say is "wanna touch me?" Everyone is gonna say the same thing "they're a bunch of really great guys" and the thing is, I can say the same thing about this group of guys that came into my work yesterday. It's just four guys in a band that are really cool. They have ups and downs and when you meet em, the only thing that seperates you from them is how you see them.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ February 25, 2003 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Little Devil Girl ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LDG- very well put! Agreed indeed!

Inactive Member gotXyourXcancer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ive met John Maurer twice and Johnny 2 bags once.

John Maurer is an extremely friendly guy. but, meeting 2 bags was really cool for me becuz hes a big idol of mine. i have some friends that have known 2bags for a really long time so i just asked when the last time was that he saw any of them and i also asked about this show that the Tramps were on back in '94 called Madison that i saw...its hilarious, total 90210 kinda show. but ya, he was a great guy, actually stood around and talked with us for about 10 minutes which was rad

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey GotxYourXCancer
    Are you going to the Tramps show this weekend? Anaheim HOB, they are playing with Throwrag, and Motorsoule. If you haven't seen Throwrag yet, your missing out. [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey SocialDsd1210, no i didn't take any offense I thought the topic was funny too, that's why i posted it!!!!SD are the best live!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

have i seen throwrag???? pfff, Erica hunny, i LOVE throwrag...theyre a great bunch of guys too.
    but ya...im debating on going...i actually just heard about it this morning, i'll prolly end up goin tho

how bout you?

Inactive Member Chicken Fried Steak's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just out of interest, how did you all get into SD in the first place, friend, radio etc... i first heard Prison Bound on a surf flick many years ago and then So Far Away the same way, they are ******* good!

Inactive Member GretschyGreaser's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meeting Social Distortion moved me in only ways that a Barbara Walters interview could move me. I cried, they cried, We cried together!!

As far as how I found out about them? I joined a car gang ohh excuse me a "club" and part of the initiation was to listen to every Social Distortion record thru, memorize lyrics, then go out and rumble with a rival club and during the fight yell at least 5 lines or meaningful Mike Ness Quotes!

Okay I lied I actually found out about them after hearing them over the speakers in my local hot topic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool story how did everyone else find out about them?
    I was in the local pawn shop a few years ago and found live from the roxy unopened with a sticker from the record store sayin 20.00 next to that was the shops sticker that said 2.50 id never heard of them so i bought it and within 6 months id bought all the albums, downloaded all the bootlegs i could, and saw them live.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

haha...Captain Tae Bo is the sh*t. first time we met him he ran up and grabbed my body by the shoulder and screamed "THIS GUY AINT AFRAID OF A LITTLE OLDER *****!" just as some really weird lookin lady was walkin by us.
    Dino and AJ are cool as hell too...you probably couldnt meet ANYONE more down to earth than dino. i was standin up in front of one of their shows and when they got done playing he started a conversation with me from the stage and introduced himself and talked while he was cleanin up his stuff.
    but ya, im hopin i'll make it to saturday nights show...possibly bump into you too
    see ya

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast