Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Any body know the answer to this question. The Tennisian Gretsch that Mike has on the inside cover of the self titled LP. Did he purchase that with the flames or was it custom? It looks bad ass and even though the pickups in that paticular model do run a little on the thin side I still think it's a great guitar. I mean shit Malcom plays a White Falcon/due jet through a MARSHALL and they sound like Paul's on the records so why not. I am a guitar junky and was really curious. LAter Cip

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

who knows. they could have been done factory or he could have doen it or the guy who had the guitar before him could have done it it. i vote the later(i could be wrong) my resion for thinking this is that all his other guitars remain stock while that one has a flam job on it and all the other guitars i've seen him with have remained stock. as a fellow guitar junkies i have to say that his choose in strings sucks ass but thats neither hear nor there

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WHAT TYPE OF STRINGS DOES HE USE OR ARE YOU MAKING A REFERENCE TOWADS HIS GUITAR'S? I THINK THE GOLD TOP WITH P90'S IS MY FAVORITE. I LOVE THAT GUITAR MAN IF YOUR GONNA GET A PAUL SAVE YOUR DUCKETS AND GET A GOLD TOP WITH P90'S THOUGH THE 57'S ARE NICE AS WELL NOT TWO MANY PAULS COME WITH THEM, AND IF YOU REALLY GOT THE DOUGH GO GET THE 57'S WITH FLAMES THOUGH IT COULD LOOK LIKE SHIT ON CERTAIN GUITARS? LATER

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Duuuudes, get a life...it's only a rented prop for the photo shoot.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A rented prop? A gretsch is not a prop. I have a life and to tell you the truth I had a valid question about Social D / Mike N . I am very interested in Gretsch guitars and also who plays them and what kind of pick ups are in them and how they are wired. I love guitars and love Social D/Guitar driven music. Do you understand that? If it was not for Gretsch you wouldent have most of the great Rock/Country/punk/psycobilly music that we all love today. A guitar such as that one should be treated with respect to call it a prop is an insult if a guitar were ever to have a soul the Gretsch would. I am not mad at you for saying that I just want you to understand what I am saying. I don't like to fight with people and nor did either of us go on one of your post and say get a life. The fact that you even put the effort in to write that say's a lot about your personality. I do not use message boards to bullshit. I use them for good down time and it gives me a chance to have good conversations with people who have like interest in topics such as guitars or music and Social Distortion. I suggest you do the same my friend. You could have said something Like I think it's a prop and given a nice response and then changed the topic but you did not do that.

Later Cip

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

who knows about that guitar. Much of the gear in the earlier social d days ended up getting pawned off anyways. By the way, Mikes 2 main les paul guitars that he plays live are mid 70's les paul deluxe with the original mini humbuckers replaced with p-90 pickups. That was an easy thing to accomplish since no routing or major changes are needed to the guitar.

--steve

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

he uses earne ball strings they suck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think "gretchygreaser" needs to get in on this

Inactive Member gotXyourXcancer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wolf you are right except for one tiny thing...you do have rout the spaces slightly and make em deeper for P-90s, i have a deluxe that i replaced with p90s...now i'm saving my cash to get me one of them les paul customs...ooohhh shhhiiiitttt...

but as for talking about strings??? what??? i used Ernie balls myself TO GET the slinky sound when you strum...but you guys care that much about Mikes strings? maybe you should write him a letter suggesting different ones...;-)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i gotto be honest with you. i have tried just about every major brand of strings and i honestly cant tell much of any difference at all. especially if you have the overdrive or distortion turned up - a string is a string. What matters to me most is how well that particular brand avoids corrosion. A nice fresh set of strings sounds good regardless of the brand. Yeah, there are some that have more of a bright sound, or jazzy sound, or heavy sound, but they are usually noticable with clean. I usually just get whats on sale.

As for the guitar, i dont care either way, i would never modify or buy a modified les paul guitar simply because it depreciates from its value. I collect guitars and would never consider buying a nice les paul if it wasnt 100% original. Even if you replace the pickups and put them back in later, you can see the solder points and see that it has been modified at one point. Now, in mikes case, his performance guitars are built for sound and funtion rather than collectablility. It depends on what matters to you.

--steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast