Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's been a little dull in the last few posts.....

Inactive Member Erica S. Is A Man's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want to hear everyone's favorite Social D album, and their favorite Social D song, and why. I just want to get a feel of what part of Social Distorion the fans here like. I havn't seen to much of Social D talk here.
    To start it off, Favorite album White Light, White Heat, White Trash.
    Favorite Song, Down on the World Again and Dear Lover.
    I love this album because it rocks. The drums are just kick ass. and it's really moving. It has an awesome opening song, right when you turn it on it's bad ass. Plus the other songs in between kick ass. Only down fall would have to be Down here with the rest of us. It's just a horrid song, that in comparison to Mainliner and Playpen. Other than that, kick ass album. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

--- Zack De La Rocha

Inactive Member lover of outrage's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't decide between SBHAH and WLWHWT. They're both class. However, I think the new album is gonna be my favorite. The songs I've heard so far are IMO amongst the best they've ever written.

Favorite song is Cold Feelings

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ November 08, 2003 07:04 AM: Message edited by: lover of outrage ]</font>

Inactive Member FeelingaTriflePoorlyBoy's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Too many good songs to list. I like all the Mike Ness solo stuff too.

My favorite song is probably "Let It Be Me" off Social Distortion.

I saw the Las Vegas gig on 11/2 and the Anaheim HOB on 11/3 with my wife. We took a week off work and flew in from Tokyo for these 2 gigs. Worth every cent.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Favorite song is Dear Lover. I remember when I first bought the WLWHWT album and popping it in, and that song came on...that's when they became my favorite band. I always liked the MLM album too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to go with DEAR LOVER...
    That song kicks ass!
    I always thought it was my personal favorite didnt realize everyone else liked it so much too!!

Inactive Member FightingHellfish's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Favortie album was MLM for the longest time but the last three weeks I've began to realize that its really all about WHite light....My favorite song(s) are Down on the world again, Telling Them, Don't Drag me down, and Crown of thorns

Inactive Member gotXyourXcancer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my favorite album is going to have to be the new one. the songs can either go from 77 flavored punk rock n roll to Stonesy ballads. with the adding of the organ and 2 Bags new found use of the Tele brings them to their closest Stones influenced song...Footprints, my favorite song for sure.

mmsickboy

I love 99 to Life. Love the guitar in it. Favorite album all round is SBHAH.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love Live at the Roxy, because it's like being at a live show, and there's a great mix of songs on it. WLWHWT was definately the album that turned me into a long time fan to a devoted fan. That's when I had a new favorite band. Following that was Ness's solo stuff, which was amazing.
    Mommy's Little Monster has a big place in my heart as well. It reminds me of being an outcast in my teenage years, which is a strong part of who I am today.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorite albums are SBH&H and WLWHWT. SBH&H is one of my favorite albums to listen to while on the road. Just about every song on that album is pretty good. WLWHWT is also kickass, their most heavy, gritty, powerful, and emotionally intense album. Dear lover, dont drag me down, through these eyes, gotta know the rules, etc. Love em all. Asidew from those two albums and their songs, I really like If You Leave This World Before Me and i love all their new stuff (although i havent yet heard Private Hell or their version of hadrer they come).

What i like about a lot of their songs is how i can relate to so many of them at different times in my life. It's like when mike said "we don't do no happy songs." I dont wanna come home from bad day and listen to some poopy piece o crap that doesnt do anything for me. Social d's songs really get to you emotionally. They also have a strong, loud drive to them, the kind that make you wanna turn the volume up all the way.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast