Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Marquee??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AZsickboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anybody going to the two shows in Tempe AZ?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ferris's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2004
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm going on the 1st. Was up in Denver for the Red Rocks show. Excited to see if they changed anything. Wish the Supersuckers were opening up here again, great show from those guys as well.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member felixramone's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2006
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm flyng there from Puerto Rico for the Two shows. I'm getting pumped up an ready to rock.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member joethale's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll be at both shows. I feel like a seven year old waiting to go to Disneyland. Havent ever been able to afford both shows before, this Year kicks ass!!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mikeehowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    371
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll be at both shows. I think social distortion is the only band I request time off work now these days. Too bad the electric ballroom is no longer...that's where I first saw them.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sickreardongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah Electric Ballroom was badass, but I really like the Marquee. One of my favorite places I've ever seen 'em. My sister and I are going to both shows here and following them to Street Scene. This is the first vacation I've taken this year,and no better way to do it than Social D Style!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member joethale's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no way, best social d. show here was the nile(been gone for years) on main in mesa. saw them there in '96. that place was the coolest shithole ever.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mikeehowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    371
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah i remember the nile. When the ceiling was really low before they remodeled it. I wasn't old enough to drive in 96. But that would have been a great show to see. All the places i used to go to shows are closed now...the nile, nitas hideaway, bostons, electric ballroom, the tempe bowl... =(

  9. #9
    Inactive Member joethale's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah it was way the fuck overcrowded and no air contitioning. they sold 300 pre-sale, to max out the club, then released like another 100 an hour before the show(thats how i got my ticket). it was the first time i heard "when the angels sing". i also remember a KEY-fest they headlined out at desert sky. the weird thing was that place was packed until social d took the stage, then it was a ghost town. 2000 people turned into 200. still dont know why everyone left.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ferris's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2004
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That Nile show in '96 was psychotic, it wasn't even advertised, right? I thought I saw something on the internet and wasn't even sure it was happening until I just went down there and saw the gear being loaded in. Didn't they sell something like 500 tickets and that place held around 300? Hottest show I had ever been to-middle of June or July, like 150 degrees inside. Thought I was going to die, but what a way to go...ahhh..the good old days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •