Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by The King Is Half-Undressed:
    On another note, who in the fucking bloody hell ever pretended that Mike Ness was a fucking poet? He isn't Sylvia Plath, you sanctimonious sycophant. And the last time I checked, Dave Matthews wasn't either. Do you know what the difference between Ness and Matthews is? Connection. Dave Matthews writes beer and lifestyle music. Mike Ness writes songs about things that actually matter.

If I didn't know better, I'd feel really bad for you.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Did I ever say he was???

So, I guess music about apatheid = "beer and lifestyle music" while a song such as "I'm in Love With My Car" actually means something.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Suck my oil, i just saw a different side of you with that last post of yours. Are you sure somebody else hasn't logged on as you? I was starting to think that you were an asshole. You wanna hear some incredible music using some less common time signatures? Check out any Soundgarden CD. They were worlds above any other band out of Seattle. (some of you who don't agree, dont get your panties all wet, its only an opinion)

--steve

Inactive Member A Real Musician's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by Suck My Oil:
    To Angels Wings and The King,

The fact that I spelled two words wrong does not make me a hypocrite for calling you out on your stupidity and ignorance. The irony of those words that were spelled wrong has not escaped me, but it probably has escaped you.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Yeah, you've proven how stupid I am with exactly what? Oh yeah, you haven't. I've pointed out many examples as to why you're so off-base with everything you've said about DMB being "better." It's laughable that you honestly can sit there and call me ignorant, yet you judge music on how complicated it is to play. You have no soul. You have no feeling.

Yes, of course the irony escaped me. I mean, it isn't as if I pointed it out in the first place or anything. Way to go, champ. You're the walking embodiment of irony. How's that working out for you?
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Your one example happens to be something I never even said, but you assumed I said. See above for how I judge music. I think that shows how stupid you are. Another great sign of your idiocy is your comment that DMB's music hasn't affected anyone. I for one am an example of such a person. When I called you on it, you proceeded to call all of his fans idiots. You call me ignorant for judging music by its complexity(which I don't), yet you call all of the people who go to see DMB idiots, having met less than 1 percent.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by Suck My Oil:
    To Angels Wings and The King,

The fact that I spelled two words wrong does not make me a hypocrite for calling you out on your stupidity and ignorance. The irony of those words that were spelled wrong has not escaped me, but it probably has escaped you.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Yeah, you've proven how stupid I am with exactly what? Oh yeah, you haven't. I've pointed out many examples as to why you're so off-base with everything you've said about DMB being "better." It's laughable that you honestly can sit there and call me ignorant, yet you judge music on how complicated it is to play. You have no soul. You have no feeling.

Yes, of course the irony escaped me. I mean, it isn't as if I pointed it out in the first place or anything. Way to go, champ. You're the walking embodiment of irony. How's that working out for you?
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Irony comment wasn't direct at you, but the one that couldn't put together a logical sentence.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by wolfpits:
    Suck my oil, i just saw a different side of you with that last post of yours. Are you sure somebody else hasn't logged on as you? I was starting to think that you were an asshole. You wanna hear some incredible music using some less common time signatures? Check out any Soundgarden CD. They were worlds above any other band out of Seattle. (some of you who don't agree, dont get your panties all wet, its only an opinion)

--steve
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">No, it's me.

I responded unkindly because I was attacked out of nowhere with a comment about a band I like which has absolutely nothing to do with the merits of the new SD album.

For good, odd time sigs, I like Tool. Danny Carey is great. He rivals if not beats Carter Beauford.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Suck My Oil:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by xLiberty:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by Hairy Larry:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by xLiberty:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by kraut:
    i'd rather have 37 minutes kicking arse than two hours of boring bullshit.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">It's only boring because its too complex for you to understand. If you want to call anything that isn't in 4/4 time with all eight notes and no viable bassline boring bullshit, it only goes to show your stupidity.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">No, He has a point, DMB does suck.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">He makes a point whether it's valid or not.

I have yet to see you come up with any sort of argument.

DMB rocks. Hello Again kicks the ass of every song on the new SD album, hands down.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I don't have to have a fucking arguement, I think they suck. The end.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Wow, you are an egotistical little fuck! You said, "DMB does suck," indicating that it is a fact. You then said you don't have to have an argument for why they suck, you just think they do. So your logic is that if you think something is so, it is. Great job.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Yeah, I don't HAVE to have an arguement to think that they suck, It's just my opinion. get the fuck over it, your complicating the hell out of a very simple subject.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

your right suck my oil, but in all fairness, you came on and said something to the effect that the new social D record sucks compaired to anything Dave has done. You also slammed Mike for putting out a 37 minute record. Maybe he wrote dozens of new songs these past couple years and didnt want to subject us to a bunch of crap. He waited and waited until he could produce 10 or 11 songs that he could honestly say were his heart and soul. On top of everything you said, you called people things like stupid and idiots just because not everyone shares your passion about the dave mathews band.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah carey is good. Some of his odd meterings still mess with me. A guy i used to work with at a high school percussion used to go to school with him at cal arts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by wolfpits:
    your right suck my oil, but in all fairness, you came on and said something to the effect that the new social D record sucks compaired to anything Dave has done. You also slammed Mike for putting out a 37 minute record. Maybe he wrote dozens of new songs these past couple years and didnt want to subject us to a bunch of crap. He waited and waited until he could produce 10 or 11 songs that he could honestly say were his heart and soul. On top of everything you said, you called people things like stupid and idiots just because not everyone shares your passion about the dave mathews band.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I never said the Social D album sucks compared to anything Dave has done. I did call someone an idiot for liking the new album, and for that I apologize.

Inactive Member kingishalfundressed's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by kraut:
    i'd rather have 37 minutes kicking arse than two hours of boring bullshit.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">And to take that even further, I'd rather have 5 minutes of Social D awesomeness than the entire Dave Matthews Band catalog of suck.