Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by The King Is Half-Undressed:

Let's compare the number of Dave Matthews Band songs that truly move people to the number of Social Distortion songs that move people. I'm coming up with a figure that looks a lot like 0/100. That's a big fat goose egg, holmes. Is that a coincidence? I think not.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">You're using a bit o' fuzzy math there. DMB songs are far more emotional than any SxDx song. I can find 1.3 million people that have been moved in some way by the band and it's music. Great job, genious.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok...

Inactive Member A Real Musician's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by The Law:
    Dude, looks like were pissing off the hippie
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Great stereotype.

Inactive Member A Real Musician's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Angels Wings:
    Suck My Oil-You spelled intelligence wrong
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Congratulations. I also spelled difference wrong. What does it matter? You didn't form a proper sentence.

Inactive Member kingishalfundressed's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Suck My Oil:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by The King Is Half-Undressed:

Let's compare the number of Dave Matthews Band songs that truly move people to the number of Social Distortion songs that move people. I'm coming up with a figure that looks a lot like 0/100. That's a big fat goose egg, holmes. Is that a coincidence? I think not.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">You're using a bit o' fuzzy math there. DMB songs are far more emotional than any SxDx song. I can find 1.3 million people that have been moved in some way by the band and it's music. Great job, genious.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">You spelled genius incorrectly. Way to go, slugger. And those 1.3 million people are... idiots? Yeah, I'm sure of that.

If you honestly think DMB songs are more emotional than Social D songs, well... you should probably just put a gun in your mouth, close your eyes, and say goodbye.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations. I also spelled difference wrong. What does it matter? You didn't form a proper sentence.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Fuck sentence form, but you spelled intelligence wrong while trying to say someone else was stupid...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Hairy Larry:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by xLiberty:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by Suck My Oil:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by kraut:
    i'd rather have 37 minutes kicking arse than two hours of boring bullshit.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">It's only boring because its too complex for you to understand. If you want to call anything that isn't in 4/4 time with all eight notes and no viable bassline boring bullshit, it only goes to show your stupidity.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">No, He has a point, DMB does suck.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">He makes a point whether it's valid or not.

I have yet to see you come up with any sort of argument.

DMB rocks. Hello Again kicks the ass of every song on the new SD album, hands down.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I don't have to have a fucking arguement, I think they suck. The end.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Billy Joel and elton john write incredible songs too but i think they suck. Good songwriting doesnt always mean good to listen to. MTV, let's see one of those celebrity death matches...Mike vs. Dave.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

damn, thats fucking stupid to pick your music by how complicated it is. If thats really your deal, trash those DMB albums as well and pick up 90% classical, jazz, and latin\african music. Better yet, trash all your audio and study nothing but music thoery if thats all it is to you.

So what, the album is mostly in common time (or cut time, however you wanna look at it.) I listen to music of all time signatures. You should too. You should know that music is not revolved around the technics.

I can understand, read, and play all time signatures. I understand complicated music. Ive marched in DCI playing complicted music, and tought complicated music for a living. So point being, your not the only one who has a clue about the tech side of music, and you should never cap your music library to only contain music of a certian difficulty level. Its your own loss.

So dont be a baised fuck. You should judge what music you like by its sound, emotion, what it stands for, and what its meaning is to you. How much black is on the page is rather irrelevant(to a point).