Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I woulda went with JOURNEY myself.

I'm surprised CHEAP TRICK wasn't on there.

<font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 07, 2005 12:10 PM: Message edited by: A Katt Named Raggz ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Journey??? You're kidding. I know you love them, but their music really isn't all that timeless, and they are the exact OPPOSITE of what the number one band was all about. PJ stayed true to themselves, love them or hate them, their integrity is matched by nobody else. Journey on the other hand was turned into a hit machine designed for no other purpose than to sell records. They started out as a Prog band (actually as Santana's backing band) and then turned to the cash cow.

My big question is what the hell is Queensryche doing so damn high up there??? In the same genre more or less, and they beat out GnR and friggin' Bon Jovi??? That is insane.

I also am no fan of his, but Bruce should be in the top 10, if not the top 5. KISS should also be higher. As I said, I am no fan of these acts, but you just can not ignore their extreme importance on the US music scene, and their time periods. There would basically be no 1970's to speak of as we know it without KISS.

Edit: my mistake, Queensryche is lower than GnR, but they still are WAY too high.

<font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 07, 2005 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Carl I. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also, idiots, Fleetwood Mac is more of a British band than US. Just because Buckingham and Nicks are there hardly makes them US, especially since they started in the UK and had their original success in the UK.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pearl Jam?? Hmmmmmm...strange.oppinions,oppinions.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by glamgirlk:
    Now how are these polls anwsers resulted?
    If its the critics then they dont know shit...ask the fans they know more. I feel that Nirvana should not be on that list. What the hell did they ever do but kick the good rock out.
    K!
    <font size="4" face="Arial">It says that it was a USA Today readers poll. First sentence. Nirvana's first album Bleach is an amazing album. Nirvana didn't kill good RnR, a typical flood of crap bands killed the style. Nothing lasts forever.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pearl Jam? my skinny white ass! two good ( not great) albums and what else?
    Areosmith, natch, Kiss? My skinny white ass again. The worst band ever. Someone should have popped a cap in Gene Simmonds in 1939 when he was 15!
    So sue me, you moron.

<font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 10, 2005 03:07 AM: Message edited by: IH Rich Rags ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think pearl jam's ten was a superb album but they went downhill from there and kinda quickly. not deserving of #1 in my book but then again, this isn't my book.

queensryche? i'm still confused over this.

i would have van halen at #1 followed by aerosmith at #2. if aerosmith didn't release shitty albums like get a grip, pump, nine lives, just push play, blah blah blah, i might have them first followed by van halen.

i'm surprised the dead were not higher on this list

though im not a big fan of kiss, they are kiss, they should be higher.

i think nirvana should be higher then a lot of bands on this list, maybe not up to the top but difinately higher then dave matthews, the ramones. metallica, pearl jam and queensryche(?) *still confused*

WHERE'S CHEAP TRICK!!!!

but at least motley crue didn't make the list. that's all we needed. could you imagine NIkki's head if they were on here. he would probably schedule a press conference to announce it and then have it filmed for a reality show on VH1. could possibly even spawn a new greatest hits package " Motley Crue - USAToday Rockers 82'- 05' "

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

opinions are like assholes...everybody got one...
    K!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HOW MANY USA TODAY READERS ACTUALLY SAT THEIR BUTTS DOWN AND LISTENED TO THESE BANDS? NO WORD OF MOUTH DOESNT COUNT. Journey sounds good at a wedding. As for Pearl Jam and Nirvana to ME doesnt sound good at all...
    K!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by glamgirlk:
    HOW MANY USA TODAY READERS ACTUALLY SAT THEIR BUTTS DOWN AND LISTENED TO THESE BANDS? NO WORD OF MOUTH DOESNT COUNT. Journey sounds good at a wedding. As for Pearl Jam and Nirvana to ME doesnt sound good at all...
    K!
    <font size="4" face="Arial">this right here would be an ... opinion i believe correct? and we know what opinions are like =)

i'm thinking, and this is only a guess because i did not take the survey, that USA Today had readers email/send/yell/sign/however their favorite american band or maybe their top three in. i'm sure not everyone who responded to this survey has heard every band that made the top 20. surveys like this are just popularity contents. i mean face it, my life with the thrill kill kult are better then anyone on this list.

and journey doesn't sound good anywhere haha sorry Marcus.

"don't stop believing"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast