Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You guys hanging in there and staying out of the fray that's occuring these days? Any reports you can give us? God bless you all.

Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Twelve police men shot tonight, according to a news report. Sounds like it's a little more chaotic than you guys are being told. Pray it calms down soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh... these kind of riots often happens, but the media talks more about it this time 'cause it's happening at the same time in different places.
    Young people acting stupid like "hey look we've burned a car tonight" so their friends will reply "cool but we're better, we're burning 20 buses tonight"... I'm not exaggerating.
    A few months ago my guitar player got his car burned while we were practicing and the guys got caught and they were all like 14 years old...
    I understand when people are angry because of unemployment, racial discriminations or whatever but in that case parents should just look at their children more... it's no fun to burn the car of someone who worked hard to buy it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Laur Says what i think,
    They burn lot of car, just because they thinks they're cool.But in France, it's like that every 2years. Now it's just in Paris, some other town...but it's not civil war don't worry.

The media exaggerate the situation..Yes there're riot, and lot of car burns (like 800 cars in 8days).
    But we've got our gourvenement they don't try to stop that...they want fight with them...I'm Ok, but not like that. ( we don't fight fire with fire).
    Our Minister provoke them, and the fight don't stop...For moment it's just material dommage..

So Wait n' see...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm seeing all that shits happening in France from an exterior point of view (nothing like that in French Guyana, lots of people here are living poorly but they seem to be happy as they can hunt & fish). I'm a bit anxious for the people that I appreciate a lot and who are living in some "difficult areas".
    Laur, you're living in a particular part of the France. Each New Year Eve there's a contest to know which city will have the most cars burned, I remember hearin' kids from Toulouse (where I'm from) who where talkin' about beatin' Strasbourg in this stupid national contest.
    For the moment it seems that there's a bit more than some hurts, looks more like a crisis.
    On this point I agree with you CCL. But once again I'm not living this events (I have lived once like those, kids killed by policemen and then weeks of tension, riots, etc.)
    Don't know if this expression exist in english but i think it pretty sum-ups the situation there : Who sows misery collects anger. (in french : Qui s?me la mis?re r?colte la col?re)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're right, this time sounds more like a crisis 'cause its spreading all around and doesn't seem to stop. Last night I saw on the news that there's been burned cars in Belgium and Germany too.
    And it's really sad that one man got beat up and died.