Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Stacey.:
    I don't think that one post made much difference, unless the hackers can spot spelling mistakes too. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Perhaps the term "m-i-d-d-l-e-e-a-s-t-", hyphenated so it won't be picked up by searches, was what would have caused the notice of this site by whomever. The bad speller would possibly have drawn attention after the fact.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Hairglamfan:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="4" face="Arial">Originally posted by JayForSure:
    Apparently the fact that some of the banter was supposed to be funny did not register.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">It was not funny especially in public and look at the result - enuff said on that one incident.

<font color="#FF0099"><font size="1">[ August 09, 2006 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Hairglamfan ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="4" face="Arial">Since you "spoke" directly to me, I think it gives me the right of reply:

Number one, you make no sense at all. "Especially in public," what is that about? Buttz and crew were obviously trying to be funny about a situation that is not easily jokeable. I meant that the attempted funny was coming from here, not the hijackers or whomever. Is that what you were referring to?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm no computer genious, but it seems you guys might be makig too much of this. The site was hijacked for half a day by some political activists trying to spread their message. It sucked at the time, but is it really a big deal now?

The same people are trying to hack myspace and a lot of sites right as we speak. They just wanna spread their propaganda. Probably anywhere they can and I seriuosly doubt that the Middle east thread, or the post in question, on that thread had anything to do with it.

I doubt these people sit down and read message boards or even have an engined tuned to picking up certain words. This is a matter of spreading as much propaganda as possible and they probably got Glitzine because they, or their program of choice, figured out how to hack it.

Of course some of you guys with better computer knowledge can say I'm wrong and it might be I am, but the debate and message they are spreading is something that a lot of people have oppinions about and it doesn't really matter which site you hack as long as it's a site someone uses.

So kiss and make-up, guys! If they come back I have a pretty angry fjord that I will send their way LOL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by JayForSure:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="4" face="Arial">Originally posted by Hairglamfan:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="4" face="Arial">Originally posted by JayForSure:
    Apparently the fact that some of the banter was supposed to be funny did not register.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">It was not funny especially in public and look at the result - enuff said on that one incident.

<font color="#FF0099"><font size="1">[ August 09, 2006 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Hairglamfan ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="4" face="Arial">Since you "spoke" directly to me, I think it gives me the right of reply:

Number one, you make no sense at all. "Especially in public," what is that about? Buttz and crew were obviously trying to be funny about a situation that is not easily jokeable. I meant that the attempted funny was coming from here, not the hijackers or whomever. Is that what you were referring to?
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="4" face="Arial">No Jay, I suggest you read my email again and realise that I am not referring to Buttz's actual thread which was a laugh, it was in reference to a post which simply said VIVA IS***L which was uncalled for and I took issue with the poster. My suspicion is that maybe this was picked up on and the site was hacked - I certainly took exception to it as I personally have no interest in the situtaion except to see it end and no more innocent lives get lost.

I'm sorry if you did not understand that this was what I was referring to as I am now forced to spell it but I should probably have removed that one post but I thought freedom of speech etc so I just left it. Hope that clarifies the situation.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HANG ON<>>>> HANG ON>>>> it is funny.
    Fuck me....

fancy bombing a place called TYRE.....
    Surely they'd bounce.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Hairglamfan:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="4" face="Arial">Originally posted by Hairglamfan:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="4" face="Arial">No Jay, I suggest you read my email again and realise that I am not referring to Buttz's actual thread which was a laugh, it was in reference to a post which simply said VIVA IS***L which was uncalled for and I took issue with the poster. My suspicion is that maybe this was picked up on and the site was hacked - I certainly took exception to it as I personally have no interest in the situtaion except to see it end and no more innocent lives get lost.

I'm sorry if you did not understand that this was what I was referring to as I am now forced to spell it but I should probably have removed that one post but I thought freedom of speech etc so I just left it. Hope that clarifies the situation.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="4" face="Arial">Okay, that one post perhaps irritated someone who then proceeded to take over GNet. I've pretty much said the same thing, although I do think Buttz' thread could have caught the attention of their thread sniffer.

Email...Since I've been away from GNet for sometime now, I've not gotten "apologetic" email one from any band whose PR flack went off the deep end on GNet! I've also not gotten email cryptic mash notes from women trying to tempt me with their DD bust size either! HALLELLUJAH!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Our average hacker is 'tapping' about a thousand
    ISPs a day, trying to look for sites which haven't
    had their P2P updated (or whatever) - when they're
    not emailing Reuters with (obviously) doctored
    photos, anyway.

Fuck' em, I say. And if I want to joke about
    so-called Isreali extremist computer nerds and/or
    Saddam Hussian, I am, and so we all should.

If just one 'Middle East' entitled thread pissed
    them off, imagine what a thousand could do!

D.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

O.K.,... time to go back to the more serious topic of fruit?....

Marshy

What a fookin' laugh is all this .. Nice one Butts, gets the whole Glitzine thing in uproar AGAIN ! .. Rock n Fookin Roll dude .. keep up the good work .. Juicy Melons anyone ? lmfao

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

I ought've seen that one coming!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast