Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Holy Grail" releases, what are yours?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What are the albums or CD's you have heard about, or believe exist, but you have never been able to find through any traders, used shops, specialty shops, or anywhere for that matter?

Mine used to be Marionette, Soho Roses, and The Babysitters, but the advent of the internet helped take care of those.

But the one thing I believe that does exist out there, someplace, is the 4th album by The Flower Leperds. I have the last EP that they did, and in it it says that the song is from the "forthcoming album". I believe, though have no way of knowing for sure, that they must have done a demo for it, or at the very least there must be some recordings of some sort somewhere.

What are yours???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how about the so called "second" Vain cd?

"All Those Strangers" was actually recorded and atually had been advertised in some of the trade magazines back in the day. I KNOW that there were a few "Promo" copies that slipped through the cracks at the label. yet no one claims to have actually got an authentic copy of this one.

I have heard a few say that they HAD a copy and made some copies of it and then LOST their original.

I have also seen the backside artwork (sadly, we must only guess what the actual front artwork was as we only had the black and white band photo in the trades for anything else) that was put together for this cd and it was the basic "for promotional use only" black and white cover with the cheap generic label logos and copyright date.

the cd itself is supposedly STAMPED with the print "Promotional use only" on it across the cd as a whole.

I have seen an EXCELLENT bootleg version of it but the codes on the cds inner rings were missing, telling me that it was a knock off.

so has anyone here ever seen it? I don't think any actual persons who had a copy would ever tell any of us. but, it would be nice just to "see" one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That Tora Tora ep that came out before the first album would be great to have (or even hear). I think there were 1000 copies. I'd guess most of the copies reside in Memphis (I think that's where they were from), because they were huge locally, and had a "local radio hit" from that ep, that somehow didn't make the major label debut album. I think the ep was called "To Rock, To Roll" or something like that.

Relating to the other topic, I'd like to hear the Penny Lane demo tx that are in the vault. I believe some even got sent to labels if I recall.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tora Tora - Revolution Day unreleased album
    Kik Tracee - demos for unreleased follow-up to Field Trip

Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My collection's fleshed out about as much as it needs to be for now. I think some that I still seek are....

Dogtown Balladeers-A Tale Worth Hearing
    Zeros-Rule the World

There's maybe three more in addition. Perhaps something by Neil Leyton. Nothing I'm going to break the bank for, just cds I'd like for the old collection.

ACTUALLY, I JUST THOUGHT OF ONE!!! Tokyo Rose. And no, I don't mean the new TR that is basically a tuneless alternative band. I mean the old school glam band. I've been interested in hearing them for a bit.

<font color="#0099FF" size="1">[ July 07, 2004 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Cotton Candy Lover ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's right. I forgot that Tora Tora also had that 3rd album in the can, never to see the light of day. I actually want to hear the ep more, because they were young and hungry, and Anthony wailed more. Loved their first one. I was actually a little disappointed in the second one, and I heard the third one was gonna be even more bluesy, and not as rockin', like the first one was. I would still like to hear them both though.
    Very good band.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Still would like to get my hands on the first LONDON album on vinyl. Have 'Cry Wolf' but really want the first one too

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, all i have iz the one you mentioned Dezi, plus the D`Priest album `Playa Del Rock`.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have london "non stop rock" on vinyl and transferred to a cd as well as playa del rock.

if any one wants a cdr of this with a cover scan let me know.

i'd be happy to trade! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooooh..."Non Stop Rock" eh??? I just might be interested!

I got "Playa Del Rock" about 7 years ago, after trying and trying and trying to get it for the 7 years prior to that. I have been hanging on to it with a tight fist ever since. "Miss You" is one of my all-time favorite songs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast