Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just to keep you guys informed.... over the past 2 days I have been mailing back and forth with the ISP Server Glitzine.net is on. Support seemed to be passing the buck to Billing, Billing said everything was fine.

Anyhow, having made an official complaint as to the way they dealt with my situation, I received an email from the Managing Director who told me he was getting his Senior Tech onto the problem and that I'd know what was wrong within the day.

The last bill I received was to re-register the URL www.glitzine.net, which was paid a month ago. The original registration wasn't due to run out until about a week ago, and this is where the hold up and problem is.

The registrar has apparently placed this on hold, I don't know why, if anyone has any ideas why they do this, please tell me, because I'm at a loss, but it is being looked into and believe me when I say, glitzine will be back up one way or the other.

This has been a very stressful 48hours, thank fuck I'm away this weekend LOL! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Spice here is the definition:

REGISTRAR-HOLD: Sponsoring registrar sets this status. The domain can not be modified or deleted. The registrar must remove REGISTRAR-HOLD status to modify the domain. The domain can be renewed. The domain will not be included in the zone. Typically denotes non-payment, expiration, or a domain subject to a legal dispute.

HB Forum Owner bubblegumdisaster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you honey [img]smile.gif[/img] .... I've found out it's due to the 'expiration' ........ I was billed by my hosting company in June, which was paid the same day, only it looks like they didn't let the registrar know. So anyhow, through lots of contact, I was informed Friday evening I would need to pay a further 2 years registration, which again has been done under duress, and I've also told my hosting company I'd be seeking legal advice..... so it's just a waiting game now. I'm hoping that the site will be back up Monday, I'm guessing registrar's only work Mon-Fri and that's why it hasn't gone back up yet.... it's just been a bunch of stress and hassle I could've done without to be honest, but as a lot of you know, I'm a fighter, and I don't give up easily LOL!

I've also contacted today the 2 main registrar's I know of 'whois' and 'nominet' to ask their advice.

As always, anything I find out, you guys will be told, but it would be appreciated if you could get word round that Glitzine has NOT gone, it WILL be back as soon as I can physically get it back.

I'm sorry about all this crap, and as soon as hosting is up for re-newal I'm going to transfer to another company

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

'Rise again, little fighter' - stick in there Spicey, no-one here wants to see Glitzine disappear.

HB Forum Owner bubblegumdisaster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GLITZINE IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing what contacting Registrar's themselves can do to get a site back online LOL!

But hopefully, the name has now been re-registered for 3 years, so no more hassles for a while [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well done Spice, I'm sure people here appreciate all your hard effort, thanks.

<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ July 17, 2006 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Hairglamfan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hairglamfan is right. I won't dare to say that glitzine changed my life but it have contributed to enrich "my musical life". Without glitzine, internet would be flavorless...