Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

55630903 l

I thought this great Vancouver Glam/Trash band had split up. I was wrong!
    These guys were great when I saw them open for Crystal Pistol a couple of years ago. Then they moved to Seattle and played around Washington State a lot and kind of disappeared.

After seeing a blurb about them in Sleazegrinders blog I decided to look them up via Google. They just released their debut CD on SonicSwirl Records in the States.

You can preview the whole CD here.
    Chinatown CD Preview

Record Label Site here
    http://www.sonicswirlrecords.com/releases/chinatown.htm

Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/chinatownrock

Lowdown on the band:

Chinatown was "born" in a living room in the spring of 2001 in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. The band connected right away, writing catchy rock songs that appealed to classic rock and underground rock fans. Not long after that, they started gigging around the B.C. area. In a short time, the band was able to pack the local clubs with fans of all walks of life. They shared the stage with many national and international acts like L.A. Guns, Zeke, The Makers, Zen Guerilla, The Avengers and loads more. With the strong local success in B.C., the band landed a full tour as an opener for Sub Pop / Liqueur & Poker recording artist, the Black Halos. Chinatown developed a reputation as one of the "must see" live bands with their high energy, sleaze rock sound.
    Atlantic records was interested in Chinatown. After playing a stellar show to a packed house of screaming girls (who climbed the stage and attacked the band), they suggested Chinatown just keep on working at it, and they'd keep in touch. Atlantic was really waiting to see if Chinatown's sound was going to be the next big thing. The band had many offers from indie labels around the world, but put them all on the back burner to see if Atlantic would sign the band. Atlantic never did get back to the band. The band went on recording their self-titled debut release for Sonic Swirl Records. After nearly two years in the making, Chinatown's self titled debut is finally available to their hungry fans.

The self-titled debut cd is packed with fuel injected, straight ahead sleaze rock with no filler. The band's sound has been compared to New York Dolls, Guns N Roses, Backyard Babies, The Faces & classic 70's Aerosmith. Great classic 70's guitar riffs with 80's hard rock solos that would make Slash proud. Also added with the spirit of 70's glam rock, Chinatown is the new movement for sleazy hard rock of the new millennium. It's all about the rock!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

THANXXX FOR THE NEWS SANDY!!! CHINATOWN MAY BE ONE OF THE MORE EXCITIN BANDS OF TODAY!!! AND BELIEVE ME PEOPLE, THE 80 % OF THE MUSIC I LISTEN IS FROM YESTERDAY!!! I'LL HAVE TO FIND THE WAY TO GET THE ALBUM FROM MY LOVED AND DEVASTATED ARGENTINA!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooooo, hot damn they sound GOOD!!! Think I'll be needing this one!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lead vocals could do with a boost, but on the whole quite promising.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This arrived today! Good Lord are these guys fucking amazing!!!