Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: DWIM!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    k.. got yr message over in the stp thread.. what's up?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member crazy a's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 1999
    Posts
    1,237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just me. All are asleep and I'm fixing a bath. And I don't think we've talked one-on-one before.

    I've read some of your stuff and I gotta ask: does it come "easy" to you? Is it from reading a lot of Kerouac or what?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was trying to lay off the kerouac earlier before.. but his influence is strong y'know? Sometimes, it comes easy sometimes it feels like a struggle..

  4. #4
    Inactive Member crazy a's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 1999
    Posts
    1,237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess K. is to you what Buk is to me.

    I've read ON THE ROAD, but I also have MEXICO CITY BLUES which I've read parts of and also the Viking Portable Library collection which I've read parts of. And it seems writing is...easy to some people.

    Maybe it's me. I originally wanted to pack my seabag after the Marines and hit the road on foot. But instead it's been job and family, nothing like what we'd READ. Y'know?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I wanted to hit the road and go out to California but I'm just not getting to that (money, life in the way etc.)

    I've read lots of Buk myself too. Now he had lived an interesting life.. there were stories about him puking on the stage just before his first reading (drinking too much to calm his nerves)

  6. #6
    Inactive Member crazy a's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 1999
    Posts
    1,237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, he'd be on his way to read for people he didn't care much for and then start heaving his guts outside the building.

    But see, even though he wanted to keep to himself, he had all these people and experiences around him along with going to bars. I really kept to myself, hardly ever went out and never drank, however. So I feel like, because I'm so introverted, I don't have a lot to write about. Which may not be necessarily true, but still....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah I can understand that... there are ways to come up with something... I'm quite introverted myself but I go to coffeehouses, poetry readings, and I sometimes have to look for the smallest thing so find inspiration.. one night, it was a girl taking a drag off my cigarette ("sweetness, coolness"), one night, it was my friend saying that he wish that this girl would be more straight forward, (this mixed with the word philobia running around in my head all became "The Philophobic Cure")
    Then I just try to write about what is going on... whether it be the world, the culture I'm seeing, or just how I react to things....

  8. #8
    Inactive Member crazy a's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 1999
    Posts
    1,237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think this town knows what a poetry reading is, let alone a coffeehouse. wink

    Hell, I've thought of starting up some kind of literary...SOMETHING around here, but that's not the easiest thing to do. And put a couple kids on top of it...well, you get the idea.

    And I hate "forcing" myself to write. It just seems that it would be especially bad.

    Dwim, I think my bath is ready so I'm gonna sign off for now. Talk to you later and good night.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    night

  10. #10
    Inactive Member crazy a's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 1999
    Posts
    1,237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Are you still here? Let's talk lit-er-a-toor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •