Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: untitled

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sweet-pea's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You shaded me
    degraded me
    tagged me with the blame
    You walked on me
    talked on me
    I'll never be the same
    you took what little pride I had
    kicked it to the ground
    when you turn to look my way
    I will not be around

    Pushed me
    and shoved me
    so far away from you
    you stored me
    ignored me
    then looked for something new
    Now this time when you come for me
    I'll not be standing here
    I'll rip my pride away from you
    and leave without a care.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good poem sweet, kinda like that independent women standing strong thing. Through the lines I can see an influence of Dorothy Parker running through its veins to create a very simple, and streaight out truthful poem.

    I like it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sweet-pea's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks dwim..
    sometimes when I get to thinking about things I get pissed off and the words just come out.
    Sometimes they don't even make sense.. but heh? Whatever, it's how I feel at the time.
    biggrin

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sweet-pea's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jeez, mibbit, I never thought about it but I guess it could be any one of those...
    whatever you get from it I guess...
    the lilith-fair, yeah I guess although am kind of tired of that kind of thing right now... maybe more a blues-rock type thing, jazz'ish'.. hmm, i'll have to think about that....
    Great now look what you made me do..
    *grabs guitar from closet and starts puting words to music....*

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mibbitmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2000
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Actually, Blues is perfect. smile

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Mibbitmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2000
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    One of the things I liked about it was that it read like a song. Lyrics with depth to 'em.

    Just curious, if it were put to music, what syle would it be in? Lilith-fair accoustical? Hard rock? Something else...?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •