Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Destiny

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Kalyope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2006
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The soggy mist embraces her
    and wraps her in its gloom.
    She pays no heed--too focused,
    too impatient, too consumed
    with guilt from the decision she has made.

    Sunlight punctures stormcover,
    illuminating her regret,
    the abode of her ex-lover,
    and all she hopes soon to forget.
    She knows it is too late now to be saved.

    Decisions were made hastily
    governed by wild passion.
    They loved each other greedily
    without caution, without ration.
    So recklessly they fed their wanton need.

    Before their love could blossom
    it was sapped of all its life.
    They were discovered and exposed
    to his family and his wife.
    She was left with no choice but to flee.

    They created more with their brief tryst
    than just a family scandal.
    They created life--it grows in her
    and it's more than she can handle.
    She cannot bring this child into the world.

    She hurries down the pier
    and leaves her wretched past behind,
    rushes to the vessel docked there
    while she wrestles with her mind.
    She wonders how her life came so unfurled.

    The splintered boards creak softly
    as she hurries past
    to the small rowboat--to the escape
    she's finally found at last.
    She jumps aboard and bravely welcomes death.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the imagery in this one.

    I've read it a couple times now... and at first I was kinda like "man, this seems wordy" and I wasn't sure if I was into it.

    But after having read it a 2nd time... and again...
    I like it. I didn't even notice the rhyming right away, so towards the end when I did notice I was like "woa, rhymes... " then I had to go read it again and catch the rhymes throughout. It reads much differently than some of your other stuff.

    But I like it. Not as much as some of the other stuff you've done, but you used some good words in there I felt.
    Words I liked:
    Punctured
    Wanton
    Tryst

    But you first referred to a 'vessel', then told us it was a rowboat.

    When I think 'vessel' I think something large. So a rowboat was like "woa, that's odd!"...

    I think this could use some minor revision to be better... maybe in slight word changes here and there... but it's pretty good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •