Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Poem.

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I mail myself poetry,
    So I can pretend to get fun stuff in the mail.

    Things I want to read.

    But it gets harder to pretend to want to read,
    when I already know what the little black letters spell.

    Most of the time they always fall into the same pattern -
    A - L - O - N - E

    I am always amazed at how it happens,
    Because when I set the letter into the mailbox
    I know -
    I didn't write that.

    But it's always what I see,
    When I rip into the white envelope of excitement.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Sam Gowland's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2003
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I quite liked this poem. Reminded me of putting on a mask and pretending everything was ok, being the life and soul of the party whilst feeling empty inside.

    I guess you have to face feeling alone at some point no matter how much you try to pretend otherwise, we can't fool ourselves forever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •