Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: failure

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    as a son...
    as a brother...
    as a godfather...
    as a lover...
    as a friend...
    as a poet...
    as a thinker...
    as a dreamer...


    ------------------

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Interesting...care to explain something about this? I kinda like it...

    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    something that's so hard to speak of and/or express.....
    so i guess i put it as simplistic as possible...

    think it's finalized?

    why do you kind of like it?

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I kinda liked it because, at first glance, i couldn't see myself liking it, but upon the reading, it was.... symbolic, to anyone, anywhere, and stood there, different, but let the reader *at least to me* feel all those things which you wrote down. And reflect that in themselves.
    Finalized? I suppose so... Unless you think of something REALLY great to close with.
    But, I kinda think it could use something, maybe, before each line, like...
    *yada yada* as a son....
    *yada yada* as a brother...
    or a great closing like I previously stated might help to do it some justice.
    For the poem being as naked as it is though, it's good.


    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah, i wanted to originally go out with a bang...but I couldn't put my finger on it. It's hard to come by.....

    I see what you are saying as far as the *yada yada* ...good point...i might try and think of something.....

    maybe a reflection in a different sorts......like a compare and contrast
    like...seeing this as finger points to my failure.....
    then contrasting it to why I failed....
    like what I turn to because of the failure...
    or summin....wanna help me brainstorm?

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    And how would I go about this? helping you I mean.

    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •