-
April 4th, 2001, 10:45 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I watch you as you run
Off through the doors and sunset
To get away from what seems like it all
But you cannot hide from the truth
Peeking behind trees and through windows
The footsteps you hear
Stalking you at night
It's there
You can hide in garbage cans
Or below floorboards
But it's there
It's the air you breath
And the smoke you exhaled from your lungs
Once beautiful and pink
But now blackened with lies
Lonely on the bedroom floor is
The shattered glass
Painted in the deep scarlet
Which is your fear
-
April 11th, 2001, 01:18 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Wonderfully written, flowed along quite nicely, but the last 3 lines gave me an image of suicide? tell me if i'm way off or not, But I imagined a person using glass to slit wrists or something...
I really liked the poem though *claps* good work
-
April 11th, 2001, 03:13 PM
#3
Inactive Member
The shattered glass is a representation of a broken mirror, and the scarlet is the blood on the mirror from breaking it with the fist. The whole poem is centered around the idea of truth, and to me truth is having to look in the mirror, but since this person is hiding from it, he cannot stand to look in the mirror. Consequently, he punches it. I can see where you get the idea of suicide from though...I didn't really think about that when I wrote that. Hopefully this helps.
-
April 13th, 2001, 04:03 AM
#4
HB Forum Owner
yeah..
i got suicide too.
hell, i got it out the gills!
anyway..
yeah... the clarification helps, although it wasn't needed, i actually like thinking the poem's ending w/ suicide... maybe not too glamorous or happy of a note but still a strong one...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks