-
September 3rd, 2001, 10:50 PM
#1
Inactive Member
midget butlers dress like pink rabits deliver my destiny on silver platers lined with lost love...recovering junkies teach children life lessons as a quest for a donkey turns to angry rumors and spiteful late night games...easy prey tries too hard as the big game teases me before running away... the hunt has ended but changing seasons have stolen my trophy and hid it beyond my grasp...I am left with nothing but big fish stories and stolen momentos...warnings from curious cops who couldnt fine an angel traveling with god's message...if only they knew all we had delivered was a broken man on a misson to forget that can never end
------------------
[This message has been edited by Soiled Soul (edited September 03, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Soiled Soul (edited September 05, 2001).]
-
September 5th, 2001, 06:34 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
another good ending... but lost in between... will enjoy going back and maybe gettin in more.
now i think i know how people felt when they read some of my confusing stuff.
-
September 5th, 2001, 08:38 PM
#3
Inactive Member
this is some of my weirder shit i call it my James style of writing after a friend who kept journals like this a lot of the symbolizm can having meanging to other people but is mostly understood only by people who where there if that makes sense to you. i like writing stuff like this a lot turning real life events into symbolizm because first of all people can pull huge deep meanings out of life not to say what i the symbols dont mean a lot to me otherwise it would be pointless to write. i probably lost you cause i lost myself already and this reply is longer than my poems so let me just say my point ill explain better later if you want. life is a book written by a great author therefore every event is symbolizm there is a reason to everything seeing that can give you answers before you have questions and you can laugh at your irony. i dont know if that answered your question or if you had one but...jeeze i am still typing
------------------
-
September 11th, 2001, 01:49 PM
#4
HB Forum Owner
"life is a book written by a great author therefore every event is symbolism" yes. every event is symbolism and in every piece of art therefore is symbolism. one thing that bothers me about that is that people try to pick it all out and make it mean something, when in reality, everything means something. so why waste the time? every thought, and written word has a meaning, so why worry so much about what it means. just take it, enjoy it, live in it and it will mean exactly what it means to you (as a writer, reader, person). every idea was sparked by another idea, word, event, thing, person, place, time. everything comes from somewhere - every one is saying something - whether it is simple or complex. I think I'm trying to say this to all the English classes, and Theatre classes I've been in. Everyone seems to want to tell you something means something all the time and it just bothers me. Of course it means something. Big whoop! In the Great Gatsby - the green light symbolizes Daisy right? well big whoopey shit! fuckin A - it all symbolizes. the big Fitz put that shit in there cause it meant something to him. he also put all the other details in there because they meant something to him. it all has a purpose - or no purpose (which in itself is purpose). so big hoooey! and ya know what? - I can't get to the end of this point. I can't pin point it right now, but maybe somebody else out there knows what I'm talking about and can add on... maybe not. SS - sorry I put such a huge ass reply on your post.. this really has nothing to do w/ your post, but you said the word 'symbol' and I had to say what I wanted to say to all these ignorant, eye closed class mates I've had. this has nothing to do w/ your post, which I might add - is still nice.
yeah.
------------------
I am my new Religion
I am my non Decision
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks