Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Left

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Generalkaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2001
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, so this one is new as well. It seems I'm not getting any feedback here, but since my workshop has disbanded for a week or two, this is the only place I can go to get some things looked at. Any and all commentary is welcome...!
    ---------------------------------------------

    Left

    I did not know until earlier today that the old bakery was gone. How
    many things will pass from my life secret in the night, walking softly
    as across dry leaves? If you are one of them, tell me now. If you cannot
    find the words, tap your message in code with a teaspoon against the
    side of your mug.

    Do you hear? Do you hear the passing cars? Their dyspeptic rumble
    sinks into the cracked and overgrown streets. Yellow grass sprouts
    through the sidewalk and the gray late afternoon sky absorbs both
    light and sound. We are in the quiet between days. We are in the
    cursed hours, the wasted hours, the hours not counted in sleek
    cowhide day planners.

    The man with the limp has become a photograph. His smiles have
    stretched to crease his florid face. His eyes are dull?have they seen
    too much weather? His teeth are bleached from the sun. His limp
    is gone now, his stride has gone long and powerful. Backs of infants
    break at his tread and flowers bloom behind him, weep blood. His
    coat flaps in the salted wind. I can almost, almost understand it.

    A week or two ago, you slapped my belly to wake me at three in the
    morning. You smiled as I groaned and my head broke the surface
    of sleep. You said, There?s blue outside, and I smelled wood smoke
    on the new Spring air.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner parch's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2001
    Posts
    453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think you may have found a fan in me. The way this poem between different scenes made me focus on the detail and fall in love w/ it. The beginning and ending paragraphs brought it all together.

    parch

  3. #3
    Inactive Member blackaquea's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2002
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    i agree with parch!!

    it flows in a way that will make u stick to it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •