Wading waist deep in you,
Trying to sleep it off like a bad dream,
A tainted drug that has me addicted,

Every attempt I've made,
to clean up my veins,
to cut myself out of stone,
Force my mind to suffer,
Boil in it's own recesses and excretions,

Unable to venture further
than a day away from your sweet voice,
soft skin
sweet fingers.

I
can't
Make it out alive.

Stopping at every junction
of everyday
life
to wonder if you're there to greet me
Your mind wandering on about my being.
As I do
to you.

Reading your words before you speak them,
Eyes shut tightly,
before I continue down a road
desolate and cold,
wind biting my bare skin,
head cold,
eyes wide,
tongue wet with hope,
blood tainted with dreams of you,

nights of sweat
stomach of acid burns,
dreams of failure,
hard reality of success.

Darkness sought after,
Light bending its way to my presence
place of mind slightly
out
of
kilter

I reach for your figure
a silhouette in the night
a dream in the day
Blinking away
all
my tears

I can't help but
Love you more every day.