Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: infliction

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sarafina mable's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2002
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    rub the fallen ash into the carpet and mash the filter to the glass
    stretch your arms and wait for words to rush to the finger tips
    let ink leak into the pages when waking struggles behind your lids
    staple your heart twice and leave the candles burning even when she?s screaming
    water the plants and call the doctor to test your blood
    are you infected too?
    walk the block to 4 buck cigarettes and smoke on the way back
    steal some time to yourself and think of how he was able to hurt you
    don?t remember laughing or holding
    look and breathe
    its ok to be unhappy
    imagine adventure in another pair of arms stronger than you
    be stronger inside them
    blow out the candles long after she sleeps, like you always do
    dream about leaving and capture the feeling
    its ok to find happiness
    put away the clothes hanging over the chair
    call the doctor that tested your blood
    does your infection feel permanent too?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sarafina mable's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2002
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sorry about the double entry for this piece! oops [img]smile.gif[/img]
    on another note, i know this piece is kinda strange, but i was just looking for some critique of it--so anything you have to say would be useful.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I dig it.
    I had this "rythm" that I fell into while reading it.
    It has some dark undertones, but I really like the way it's written. The first few lines I read - and reread, because the first line - i LOVED, and the rest seemed slightly "chunky" after that, but it gave the piece an overall appeal, and rythm that I don't think it would've gotten any other way.
    Normally I dislike chunky pieces as they mess with my attention span and make me wanna skip stuff.
    But you had the right ingredients here, and pulled off a "jumpy/chunky" peice, while keeping the reader (or at least me) interested in what was going on.
    I like this one... *thumbs up*
    nice work!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •