Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Aurora

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Kalyope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2006
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Fog drifts
    seeking escape
    from the warmth the dawn brings,
    seeping deeper into the gloom
    diffused.

    Barren
    branches reaching
    to absorb the rising
    sun, waiting for dawn's tender kiss,
    anxous.

    Morning
    erupts across
    the sky. The horizon
    burning, as she waits for the world
    to wake.

    Okay. This was my first attempt at a cinquain chain. It's in response to a picture. You can check it out at my allpoetry page. It's something along the lines of www.allpoetry.com/pixxiepoetess

    <font color="#00FF00" size="1">[ November 02, 2006 02:47 AM: Message edited by: Hannibal ]</font>

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Reason for Edit: You had a "." at the end of the URL you listed, and it took us to a non-existant page. I just removed the "." so there was less work for anyone just looking to 'click and go'. [img]wink.gif[/img]


    Response to poem:

    For whatever reason, the order in which you spoke of these things was key to the poem. From small minute details, to a vision of the whole sky really worked well to describe from little to big - and paint us a great picture.

    I have no idea what the chain type of writing is you spoke about - so I'll have to look into it as maybe that's all part of it..

    But I liked the last stanza a lot.

    'the horizon burning' were my 3 favorite words in the whole poem. I LOVE that imagery - not sure why. But I do.

    Nice work, and it's cool to see you bringing some new ideas to the board - maybe you should be the one doling out assignments for posters here now! (that was an idea Machinery and I implemented years ago, that caught on for a while before fading into obscurity)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kalyope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2006
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I could definitely post contests/challenges. I LOVE them. Especially ones that challenge you to write in a specific form, like this one. The cinquain chain is a syllabic form. It has to be at least two stanzas long, or it is just a cinquain. But it goes like this:

    2
    4
    6
    8
    2

    repeat as neccessary. It's good fun. You should try it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •