Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wtf? why did it come out on video so soon and why did my friend buy it. Then causing me to watch it..

I think the whole greek thing was overdone.. I guess compared to the movies out there it was funny but i honestly didnt see the big deal.

course gangs of new york was no better. I also refuse to like any miramax films out there.. i think the piano is one. Its ridiculus how many pieces of shit now win oscars cus they spend so much advertising. You'd think people would be smart by now and stop nominating mirimax since its general knowlege they spend their whole budget mailing shit to the judges. I mean in the bedroom? K it was a non hollywood type movie but that's not enough to make it good.

adaptation also was pretty lame but had to watch it for film class.

My big fat greek wedding sure take a movie thats been done 1million times and put greeks in it. Especially over exaggerated sterotypical ones.. recipe for success..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok Mr Ebert.

lets here what you actually LIKE!

and i'll take miramax to any other major studio anyday (even though it is owned by disney [img]eek.gif[/img] ).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like movies that actually have me leaving the theater not wanting to kill myself. I dont care for the "realistic complete doom" lots of these mirimax films have. I also dont like going through a movie believing nothing is going to happen.. and so many of those movies are like that. I like movies that just stand on their own.. that aren't out there trying to be different or anti hollywood. I like movies i trust i wont walk out of feeling everything is hopeless just cus a screenwriter was so antihollywood they had to be different.

I actually like movies a lot.. but just being different or anti big budget film isnt enough. Why are so many of them so depressing? I got through my depressed stage and dont want to pay 5.50 to relive it.

I dont like things that reactionary and i see many of those films as being purposely different in that they go against all the hollywood conventions just to do it. Watch adaptation and thats a classic example of that.
    Though they do it in a more witty way...

Ill get back with my list of movies.. i actually like a lot.. both foreign, independent and blockbuster.

But after renting "life is beautiful" cus it won so many oscars and then after that reading about how mirimax spends millions promoting their films specifically to the people who vote in the oscars. I mean calling everyone up saying "this has to win" i think they're just as bad as any other company. Its all about makign money whether they're considered independent or whatever. I dont dislike a film because its mirimax but i in no way hold any loyalty to them because they're "different".

the last supper.. empire of the sun.. central station.(portuguese). bathhouse(chinese).. emilie.. the sixth sense.. are some that came to mind that were really good.. i also liked platoon.. a beautiful mind.. 8 mile.. the others was really good. Also usual suspects.. eat drink man woman..

lots more but im too tired to think of them all..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

to be fair though i might have been hard on big fat greek wedding cus of all the hype. we watched it again and it wasn't that bad. could have been cus i was tired the first time i read it. Or cus i was drinking the second time.. not sure which yet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

read=watched

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so basically what you're saying rotten is that you like happy formulaic films that don't really deviate from the beaten track? odd since you say you take (a) film class.

shatzy.. tea with mussolini. i thought it was alright. perhaps if it did get a lot of hype i would think it shite. it's funny how films that seemed to not have a whole lot of success financially always endears me to them a lot more.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i haven't seen that movie yet...

one movie i really liked (and that i didn't think
    received enough attention) 'tea with mussolini'.

sure... it was gay.

but i really liked it!!!

*doesn't know how this applies to current thread*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">Originally posted by soulfilms:
    it's funny how films that seemed to not have a whole lot of success financially always endears me to them a lot more.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm the same way...
    although, mentally, i think its cuz i feel like
    i've stumbled upon a great secret...

jesus... sometimes i should preview my thoughts
    prior to posting...

bah, fuck it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">Originally posted by shatzy:
    [QB
    mentally, i think its cuz i feel like
    i've stumbled upon a great secret...

jesus... sometimes i should preview my thoughts
    prior to posting...

bah, fuck it.[/QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

agree. i think it's an exclusivity factor, like only you know about it and the people YOU tell.

i don't know why you put in that second part.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

tee hee....
    because no matter how stuck-up i KNOW i am,
    i just don't like to hear myself say it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast