Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i agree with that dude...
    he isn't cutting anyone off... so blah blah blah.

however, it is illegal to create a disturbance
    that may cause other drivers to react erratically.

also, should a guy be doing stunts on interstates
    and heavily populated roads... and have an
    accident... in which another car is involved,
    its quite possible that the other car could
    be held liable... which isn't fair.

what causes me to stand in the middle of this
    debate, is that i know/understand how restricted
    it can be to ride like that... meaning, it would
    seem that there isn't really any place that
    one could play on unless it was completely
    abandoned or shut off. which isn't fair.

analogy?

kids in small towns

if they have no place to go... expect them to
    go into public

Cyalaytr

Good reply.... [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Many things I find [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

1) Cops treat a lot of bikes weather doing stunts or not as BAD
    2) Do a wheelie or stoppie go to jail. 12 points for speed expo. Loose a lic for one stunt. Yet many of these stunts are done at below the speed.
    3) We have no place to go and do it. Look at the helicopter incident. We were WAAAAAAAAay out in no where land and they had a tip where we would be and they came and found us. We saw like 4 cars in an hrs time

The flip side...

1) many kids that see stunts will immitate what they see and not know how and crash
    2) if you crash you could hurt someone else besides yourself if on the street
    3) people that start stunting just keep doing harder and harder stunts until finally it bites them.

So there is my fence riding [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well its obvious that there is alot of unnecessary
    discrimination against activities of the sort...
    which is bogus and lame, imo...

TastinGood

Riding a modern sportbike around doing the speed limit would drive anyone nuts. They are so fast that doing 70 literally feels like you are barely crawling along. Simply put, you will not ride a sport bike and be able to obey all traffic laws.

However I kind of have mixed feelings involving wheelies in traffic. You guys have seen some of the videos that cya has posted...when a sportbike goes down, it's usually a yard sale.
    Let's be honest...The drug free Gomer Pyle that they interviewed is no Valentino Rossi. He will eventually go over. Everyone does if they do it enough and it usually happens once you have your confidence up.

Hmmm...another fucked up TG post where I've typed some words but havent actually said a damn thing.

Doing 120 on a sportbike is nothing. The penalties for speeding shouldnt be so bad. Trucks have a lower speedlimit on the interstate because they are big and cumbersome. Why shouldnt a bike have a higher speed limit?

Wheelie..dont wheelie...I dont care. Just wear a God damn helmet and trade in the flip flops and wife beater for some leathers and boots. Wearing leathers may not look cool to your buddies at the local foot locker, but it looks a whole lot cooler then road rash on your nipples.

Burnouts? I think they should be renamed to "Here Mr. Dunlop, have some cash".

done.

Cyalaytr

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] good reply. Hadnt thought about how much better a bike handles or how much faster they can stop compaired to your average 18 wheeler. But round hear cops will write you for careless driving if you signal blinks twice and you change lanes. HAPPENED TO G.DAMN FAST I TELL HE MUSTA BEEN SPEEDIN!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by TastinGood:
    Doing 120 on a sportbike is nothing. The penalties for speeding shouldnt be so bad. Trucks have a lower speedlimit on the interstate because they are big and cumbersome. Why shouldnt a bike have a higher speed limit?
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">that is so fucking stupid i can't even begin to reply to it

you should know better than to post bs like that

BOO! [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Cyalaytr

**** [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] **** and here I was gonna say nice reply

Well back to [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah...gotta agree...the higher speed limit bull was pretty stupid...sure the bikes can go faster and stop sooner but that doesn't change how other people drive...picture yourself going 90 in the left hand lane...and someone in the right is going to change lanes...the look in the rear view and see noone hindering them...not realizing your doing 90, they change lanes...bam you hit them...the speed limits aren't set for the vehicle's limits...they are set for the humans limits...at higher speeds, higher reaction times are required...

TastinGood

Sportbikes riders will do 90 anyways. When riding my VFR, I always cruised at 95 on the interstate and never had any problems. I'm saying that the fines shouldnt be so heavy for speeding.

The problem with traffic on a sportbike is when you are actually doing the same speed as the traffic around you. It is at that time that you fall into a blind spot and risk someone coming over on you.

The other thing is that even if someone does come into your lane, you have the ability to react much differently than in a car. A bike will easily be able to move over so that even if the car comes over, they could momentarily share the same lane. Being so fast, however, most of the time when you are riding and you see it happen, you simply out accelerate the other car and everything's cool.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast