Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Tips

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Aaron Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2003
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a standard as well. I drink a ton of pop, and if the waitress refills me in a timely fashion, she gets a phat tip. I rarely tip less than five bucks if I'm happy. Sometimes, I will even tip 100% (if the bills is just one beer, or something reasonable). I do it just to let the staff know I enjoyed myself.

    However, if I there's even one problem, I won't tip at all. Looks don't matter. Just fill my pop glass, leave me alone and you get phat tips. I haven't used the 15% thingie in years.

  2. #22
    Cyalaytr
    Guest Cyalaytr's Avatar

    Post

    OHHHHHHHHHH YA deff gotta have the pop glass filled nothing like waiting for a drink being parched and having to suck down food like it is sand. I agree.. no fill the glass no tipo. A good place like Chili's or Applebee's is great like that. Hell they will give you two super big glasses if you start drinking them before they can refill.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Aaron Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2003
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh hell yeah! Applebees is great for refills. I wonder if that's a company standard or something. When I'm there, I just sit that near empty cup on the edge of the table and sometimes I look up and bam there's a new one.

    Things I hate; waiting for waitress to pick up my card, and bill. Interrupting too damned much to ask "how's everything" or "need a box"?

  4. #24
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen Shatzy in action... she forces expensive tips regaurdless of service.
    But then again... she's never been a waitress - that I'm aware of... so what the fuck would she know?

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imaslave4junior's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2003
    Posts
    920
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    if i ever had to be a waitress id demand to work near shatzy so she could leave me some nice tips

  6. #26
    HB Forum Owner diluted's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    1,589
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well ive been a bartender /waiter for about 2 years on and off (ie part time while at uni) and ive gotten 2 tips ever i think [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]


    im moving to arkansas

  7. #27
    Inactive Member imaslave4junior's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2003
    Posts
    920
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i'd give u a tip

  8. #28
    Inactive Member zelazny's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2001
    Posts
    3,495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i work in a small student cafe for free, to help em out and i get tips when i play waiter/barman [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member imaslave4junior's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2003
    Posts
    920
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i could use some tips..im broke

  10. #30
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by The 4 Horsemen 11:
    well ive been a bartender /waiter for about 2 years on and off (ie part time while at uni) and ive gotten 2 tips ever i think [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]


    im moving to arkansas
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">NZ ain't all that, eh? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •