Thread: My thoughts on death

TastinGood

Let me start by saying that one of my favorite things to do is a dangerous sport. Its a sport that many get hurt in each year and some are even fatally injured. I choose to do it because its all I've ever known. So when the weekend roles around I load up in my truck and head to the honky tonk where all my fellow sporting participants can be found. Yes, we all love to do it. Not because its easy...but because its hard!

The sport? Competitive dart throwing. I've spent many a night at the 'tonk perfecting my game but I know that some day a wild dart may come flying through the air and hit me...thats just a chance all of us dart throwers must take.

Well I aint afraid of dyin', its the thought of being dead. I just want to go on being me once my eulogy has been read. No, I dont want them to spead my ashes out to sea. Dont lay me down to rest. You can put my mind at ease if you fill my last request.
    And that is...
    Prop me up beside the jukebox if I die. Lord, I want to go to heaven, but I dont want to go tonight. Fill my boots up with sand and put a stiff drink in my hand.
    Let my headstone be a neon sign. Just let it burn in memory off all of my good times. Fix me up with a manneqiuin (remember I like blondes). I'll be the life of the party...even when I'm dead and gone.

Yes, prop me up beside the jukebox when I die. Just make your next selection, and while your still in line...you can pay your last respects one quarter at a time.

How do you guys feel?

------------------
    "If Lincoln had thought being the President was such a longshot, we'd have nobody's picture on the one dollar bill" -Arthur Fonzerelli (The Fonz)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

i feel that i have always liked that song. boy...that was so long ago....

*reminises*

------------------
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Death, huh? Damn, I haven't even sorted out exactly when it was I was born!

You know, like exactly.

The Cyst

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    gosh, you make me laugh.

------------------
    General Philosophy

TastinGood

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SHATOUSHKA:
    i feel that i have always liked that song. boy...that was so long ago....

*reminises*

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What song? I dont understand you sometimes Alison.

------------------
    "If Lincoln had thought being the President was such a longshot, we'd have nobody's picture on the one dollar bill" -Arthur Fonzerelli (The Fonz)