Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

since hannibal has been bringing god up recently....

when debating what is good/bad, right/wrong, moral/immoral, should god even enter into the debate?

i mean, if you are a christian, must you rely on the bible to give answers to questions concerning those things?

if something is good, wouldnt it be good for reasons other than 'because god said it was'?

or are things only good because god says they are?

shatoushka-

we all know that there is no good or bad, so there is no need for you to respond tongue.

------------------
    Look at that. She think I got siphlus and TB and a hard on and I gonna cut her up with a razor and lif her purse. Ooo-Wee.

[This message has been edited by gnosis_within (edited February 26, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, are you saying that christians must put down their bibles for a moment and think for themselves?
    I do not think they can. Christians are taught that everything relies on the bible and without it there is nothing.

However, I believe that everyone will agree, no matter what religion they belong to, that some things are bad.

But, does good or evil exist? it still depends on what one means when they mean by good. if it depends purely on what a book tells you, then yes. If it is based on what you have been taught sine before you were born, yes. Why, beause that is all you know.
    People annot completely deny the things whih have been forced into their minds. The shadow of past beliefs will always follow.
    One may eventually escape, but the thoughts are always there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Is a good thing good because God does it, or does God do good because it is good?

I admit the former case - that one suggests a finite course of reasoning, which is much more economical and better in shape.

------------------
    Offline-Onlife

Just a guy

How can something be good if god does it? I thought a lot of the stories of what god has done is mainly destroying humanity.

What is good and evil is purely the opinion of an individual, and there is no way to know for sure if something is completely good.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*tangent*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Christians are taught that everything relies on the bible and without it there is nothing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

funny... that's what americans think of america.

er...wait a minute.

or did i mean: humans/society?

hmmm....

*wanders off*

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~
    General Philosophy
    Discuss This...
    The Acropolis