Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A new TV show called Nip Tuck. About, plastic surgery. As much as I think this show ***** , I believe if done properly, it will cover territory that has not been covered before.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Covering new territory or not, I think it would be one program I'd be going out of my way to avoid. I'm pretty squeemish when it comes to blood and guts type programs.

As for plastic surgery - there is no way i'd ever voluntarily go 'under the knife'. I don't think it's 'vanity' per se that makes someone want to physically change something about themselves but the fact they have some sort of 'mental illness'. More effort should go into addressing whatever underlying issues those people have first. I could never understand anyones desire to risk their lives unneccessarily. The odds of surviving Surgery might increase all the time but there is always a chance that you won't come through.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's such a vast, complex issue. And you are quite militant in your stance, and I applaud you for that.

If a women wants bigger ***** to attract a man, or just to be noticed, it may mean she'll also be higher maintenance. Clearly, that doesn't apply to you. [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Or does it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"If a women wants bigger ***** to attract a man, or just to be noticed,"

What shallow people she must be aiming to attract if an enlargement is the only way she sees of being able to attract them. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Personally I would rather be noticed for something more deeper than the way i look on the outside. Looks fade ... then what have you got??

You are quite correct it is a vast and complex issue but only because it's made to be. Too many people are caught up with the images of how they think they should look because 'perfect' people are pushed in their faces every minute of every day. Advertising billboards, newspapers, magazines, tv, cinema etc ... if your body/image conscious you can't escape all these constant reminders of what you think you ought to look like. Yet nothing is done to build up the esteem of those who don't quite measure up to these images. A new 'faddy' diet seems to come on the market every other week which just adds to the misery.

*pushes 'soap box' back under the desk... she realises she just went completely off track there lol

I take that stand because surgery is not the answer ...those people looking for a quick 'image' fix will still no doubt feel the same insecurities once they have their so called 'perfect body'.

Am i 'high maintenance'??? lol I'm bound to say no ..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well said.