Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm 23, and a college senior (I worked for a couple years after high school). I'm a literature major. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm interested to know everyone's majors as well. Good luck with school everyone. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by *shortie*:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sweet Sam:
    I'm 23, and a college senior (I worked for a couple years after high school). I'm a literature major. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm interested to know everyone's majors as well. Good luck with school everyone. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, Im a creative writing major with two minors in childrens literature and history. But I started out as a history major and actually will graduate only two classes shy it. I was planning on double majoring when I switched to the creative writing thing-I was originally going for secondary edu-but I really wanted the other minor so I just did that instead.

Make sense or did I lose ya? LOL
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah--I gotcha. [img]smile.gif[/img] Creative writing is so cool--do you think you'll write children's books when you graduate?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rach, would have to spend an extra term in school to take those two classes?

I'm 25. I'm a freshman with junior standing. I already have 3 Assosciate degrees. I'm continuing with school in Computer Systems Engineering Technology.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SarahS:
    Rach, would have to spend an extra term in school to take those two classes?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Unfortunately yes. That is why I decided not to do a double major with a minor. As it is I am cramming to graduate in April 2007. It really bothers me to be so close, but considering that I have also put off taking any math and that could scr*ew me up as well-I have to take a placement exam and hopefully will place above the required level and wont have to take any math classes-I would just rather graduate asap since I went straight from high school to college. Im getting quite tired of school.

Speaking of tired, as much as I love history I am also getting tired of that as well. Where I am at lacks a good history department. I have also been jerked around quite a bit since I transfered schools twice-from a community college to a university that I didnt like to where I am at now-and have taken 3 history classes that I ended up not needing. Actually, it turned out that 3 of my 4 classes from last winter were unneccessary, thanks to the counsler who quickly scheduled me when I transfered in the middle of the year. The whole semester was a waste. At least they were not hard classes...

College is a wondeful money making institution for bureaucrats [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

ETA: Forgot to say that they also changed the creative writing major the semester after I declared it and are phasing out the other program now. Dont you just love college? [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 18, 2005 04:44 PM: Message edited by: *shortie* ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12