Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] They've done it again! There's a new thread on the AGFMB where Allie (Oh Canada with the name change) is apologizing for something (love to know what that it, but it appears they deleted it.) Anyway, she originally used what is known as netspeak or chatspeak...abbreviations that might take a bit more time to understand.
    I can see why there is to be no chatspeak on message boards, but geez threatening to take "action" against someone for not using capital letters in the right spaces and abbreviating to or too with 2? I mean... everyone can understand that! At least they haven't locked that thread, though!
    I saw something on there about the "requests of the moderators" well, on that board it is more like the "demands" of the moderators!
    Sorry to be ranting like this. Maybe it's hard to be a moderator on such a big board, but GEEZ! They seem to tyrannical, despotic, authoritarian, and any other word you can throw in that is a synonym! As they keep reminding us...it is not a democracy. So it is obviously a tyranny.

I just feel like I'm always making sure that I'm not doing something worthy of banning (the ever present threat) on that message board. So I must come here to rant and rave, cuz I can't do it there, obviously. So...thanks for reading and a [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] for you for making it this far.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 13, 2006 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so I don't know what all of the [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] and [img]mad.gif[/img] is about.[
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm certainly not mad at you, MissCurlyCat. Just so ya know.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 13, 2006 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And I'm not saying the moderators are all bad and stuff like that, but they are a little too...ok, a lot too strict.

MissCurlyCat

Originally posted by Tra:
    Do you think this board is too unfriendly for children?

I do, however, disagree with you that AG is made just for the children. Yes, that's the company's purpose I suppose, but adults can love AG too and there's no problem with that.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't say there was a problem with liking AG if you're an adult. I'm just saying that if Pleasant Rowlend hadn't thought of children there would be no AG. The target aduance is more children though; there's no denying that. There for AG is more of a childrens thing. If you are an adult you can still like AG, there's nothing wrong with that at all, and I never said that there was so I don't know what all of the [img]mad.gif[/img] and [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] is about.

And I think this is a fantastic board. I'm glad we had a board like this.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 13, 2006 12:34 PM: Message edited by: MissCurlyCat ]</font>

MissCurlyCat

Children have their whole life to grow up. It's not up to you to teach them that. It's a personal thing they go though. Besides, they've been told not to trust you. The internet is a scary place.

The_One_Ring

Soooooo... What happend?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have no problem with children on the Internet, but if they intrude into an adult venue, they must expect to be treated as adults. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly what my gripe is! I don't have anything against children on the internet, I've been on the net myself since I was 13. But it's annonying when we have to make special rules to accomodate them in adult places when they should accomodate to being around us. My opinion, of course.

And MCC, I realize you're feeling defensive because you are a kid, but we're not disparaging you personally. I think you stir the pot a little bit sometimes, but overall I think you're pretty okay. So calm down, we know it's not our job to raise the kids on the 'net, and we know the dangers of kids trusting adults on the net. I was just making the point that if we want good behaviour from kids in our forums, we shouldn't cow toe to them. A little cyber slap upside the head is how you learn to act in cyberspace.

And finally...I know Pleasent Rowland had children in mind for American Girl dolls, but overall I would say middle aged women are the highest doll collectors. There are many, many brands of dolls that are not suitable for children. So a doll is not just a children's plaything, it's a legitimate collectiable. And though they are vinyl play dolls for children, it is completely expected that adult doll collectors would move in on the product too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12