Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For my signature. Apparently holiday related siggys aren't allowed if they're Christian. Here's what I wrote to the mods...:

So now not even HOLIDAY related religious signatures are allowed? I won't name names, but other members have holiday related siggys on this board. I don't see you banning them. Easter is a national holiday. (Holiday holy-day) and it happens to be Christian. Sorry if Christian holidays offend you. Maybe I should just not mention Christian holidays at all in my siggy. Are non-Christian holidays ok? Like Passover, Halloween, or Arbor Day. I don't see you banning other members for Halloween related avatars. Of course, maybe it's just me who's not allowed to talk about religion or RELIGIOUS HOLDAYS.

This is in response to a PM from Joy. Please don't have her PM me anymore as I cannot respond directly to her. If you mods want to talk to me privately, do it with someone who I can reply to. Thanks.
    Tra

[img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What did your siggy say?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are you sure that's why they banned you, Tra? Because Prasnlrd had the same cross in her siggy and similair text (He is Risen)...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's what they said. My siggy is the same as it was. It was banned for the religious content. The PM basically said that I was banned until my signature was back into line. In fact...those are the exact words "back into line."

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since Tra is taking this public, we will make a brief statement.

We have worked extensively with Tra regarding her signatures and what is allowed on our board, on several occasions. She was banned for defying what we had asked of her previously. Her Easter signature went beyond recognizing the holiday. She will be allowed back when she decides to comply with the guidelines which we have given her.

Also, my email address is public and available whenever Tra wants to contact me.

The Moderator Team

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 17, 2006 03:33 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Isn't gossiping about AGF and the mods on any other forum also against the board rules?

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes. And flaming, as is done in the thread, "Anger at AGFMB". We will also be dealing with that issue.

The Moderator Team (AGFMB)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To the best of my memory, Prasnlrd had the same cross and a smilair message (He is Risen) in her siggy for Easter. And there's been various Resurrection posts. Could the mods please tell us how far is too far for AGF siggies so we know where the boundries are set? I think everyone would appreciate this, if you guys could do it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What's flaming?

If I can't express opinions (and I"m not trying to gossip, just express my opinion) about AGFMB or anything else on this board, then this board has failed it its purpose. Our purpose here is to express opinions openly and honestly. Now I think we can express our opinions as long as we don't disparage a person personally.
    No one controls this board but (and I hate to say this, because it makes me sound high and mighty) me. I don't see a problem with this post. It is no different than venting about a problem with your friends. That's what I'm doing here.m I don't see this board as any different than having a conversation in real life... if we were to have conversations with our friends painting AGFMB in a non so positive light, would we be banned then, too?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love Prsnlrd's siggy. I don't think either of us should have been in trouble for the siggy thing.

As fot he whole siggy thing, first they wanted me to change my signature so I didn't have any link to this board. Then I couldn't give directions to the board. Then I coudln't even mention the board. Then I put Bible verses there. They emailed me and told me not to have any religious signatures. I figured since other people were allowed to have holiday related signatures, though, I could make my siggy the way I wanted to until the holiday was over. Note my siggy has changed now.

As for flaming, I did not mean to insult anyone. I just wanted to vent and give my opinion.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast