Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've been banned from AGFMB...

GreyMyst

Originally posted by Tra:

What you say makes sense about them not being comfortable in their own faith... I mean, it's like a part of them knows they're wrong and Christianity is right, so they don't want to hear it because they don't want to change.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">THAT'S why Religious sigs aren't allowed. Everybody thinks they are right! You think the Pagans, Atheists, etc are wrong and they think you are wrong. A LOT of people would say a Christian who doesn't want to hear about the joys of Satan just isn't strong enough in thier faith to look at it.. See where this is going?

I personally believe everyone is right and God made enoughs paths that people can find their own personal best way to him, but that is neither here nor there....

If they allowed Judeo-Christian sigs, then the Pagan ones have to be allowed. The same people who complian about not getting to use Christian sigs are the first ones to get upset if something Satanist, Pagan, or Atheist is posted. Because people on both sides continually get thier shorts in a twist, they'd rather just ban anything that MIGHT cause problems.

I got nasty PMs for having the skull and crossbones as my avatar, imagine the pandemonium if someone put the Sigil of Baphomet or something.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're right, I would be upset if there were pagan signs on any board. That's why they're not allowed here. (See the rule about "not doing anything to endanger the spiritual health of the board members"). We can have different opinions adn different religions, but we cannot actively try to recruit anyone to any religion but Christianity. Only Christian or non-religious sigs are allowed here. That is because, no matter what I believe or what you believe or whoever believes there is an absolute TRUTH that is what GOD says is true. That is Christianity. That is the one, true, right religions and I don't see a problem with letting only that religion be shown on any board.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is Christianity. That is the one, true, right religions and I don't see a problem with letting only that religion be shown on any board.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, you do say you wish there was more activity on this board. That could be a problem with letting only Christianity be shown.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't mean people of other religions can't post here, they just can't try to convert anyone. I would rather this board go dead than have it injure anyone's spiritual health. Of course, I would prefer the board to be ACTIVE and keep everyone spiritually healthy.

GreyMyst

That is because, no matter what I believe or what you believe or whoever believes there is an absolute TRUTH that is what GOD says is true. That is Christianity. That is the one, true, right religions and I don't see a problem with letting only that religion be shown on any board.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can't prove that any more than anyone else can prove it. Truth can be proven. Anything else is faith. Faith isn't faith if it's proven. NO ONE can prove exactly what God wants.

All the arguments in the world to the contrary are nothing but circular logic.."the bible is true because God says so and God is real because the bible says so". The exact same arguments can be made with the same validity for the Quran, and any number of other religious works.

I believe it can be reasonably proven that there is a higher being of some kind , and atheism is a flawed logic. People saying they have the one truth or the whole story though **** me off too, because they don't. No one but God does.

You can't have it both ways. You can't complain about not being allowed to have your sig, and then complain about others expressing what they believe to be the truth. A simple quote or image isn't recruiting anyway. It's expression. No one who is firm in thier faith will be swayed by a simple display of someone's else convictions anyway.

And that's what it boils down to, belief. Until Jesus comes back and settles it, no one can claim authority to know what he wants.

I've posted on message boards where faith was not an issue , where religious sigs and avas awere allowed and no one fought over it. They had enough maturity and respect for other people not to tell them "you are wrong wrong wrong" no matter how much they "knew" it to themselves be true.

I would LOVE an uncensored AG board, a truely uncensored one. But IMO most of the AG community (both young and old) aren't mature enough to deal with others who think or believe differantly than they do. That isn't limited to religion either. Everything from modding and restoring dolls to how we raise our kids and who we voted for seems to spiral into rhetoric and bad feelings.

ROFL if you ever want to go in with me on a real uncensored AG board though let me know. I have expierance installing PERL based message board systems, configuring, and maintaining them. (Yup, I'm a techie "hired gun")

BTW Uncensored is a misnomer if you don't allow ANY non Christian displays. It's like "Seperate but Equal" It defys the definition. You can call your board whatever you want because it's your board, but it is inaccurate.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's also a Christian board.

I guess I have faith. I am so sure that Christianity is the one right religion. The Bible says so, and I KNOW that the Bible is the absolute word of God.
    What everyone else thinks the truth is is irrelevant. I really wish people would stop telling me that "others believe that their truth is the absolute truth and they think you are as wrong as you think they are wrong." I know that. They are still wrong. I could go around saying that I am a leprechaun, believe it with all my heart and without a doubt, and still be wrong. I know what I know, and I know that anyone who believes in anything other than God, Jesus, and the Bible is wrong. Period. You will tell me "what if YOU (meaning me) are that person who believes you're a leprechaun. What if you are the wrong one. No one can really know, right?" God gave me faith. I know. What GOD says is right is what is right. I may not know everything God says, but I do know that Christianity is the one right way. God said that much Himself.
    You're right about one thing...some people won't believe until Jesus Himself comes down and tells them so.
    Also, what you were saying about people who are strong in their faith being able to withstand a quote or a picture...true, but I'm not worried about those who are strong in their faith.

Now, my saying that Christianity is the one right religion adn that that is the only religion that is going to be endorsed on this board does not mean I don't want to hear your views. Just don't do anything that will harm the spiritual health of any of our members.

BTW--What is PERL?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are not at this moment ban-worthy. You have not broken any of our rules. We are having a (in my opinion) fun and lively debate.

That Bible verse is true (everything in the Bible is) I don't know what Heaven is like. Yet, if we're looking at Bible verses let's look at Mark 16:16--Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

John 14:6-7 --Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

As for the "holier than thou" attitude most Christians are accused of...most Christians do not feel they are better than anyone else. We know that Jesus died for EVERYONE and that we are just as bad of sinners as anyone else. We made the right decision to accept God's free gift of eternal life and others have not. Do we deserve this gift? No. But it has been given to us.

God didn't tell anyone "What is right for them." He told them Mark 16:16 and John 14:6 and everything else in the Bible.
    Psalm 5:4--You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil, with you the wicked cannot dwell.
    We (humans) are all wicked. We CANNOT go to live with God unless we are cleansed of that wickedness. The only way to do that is to accept God's gift of cleansing...His Son Jesus Christ. He is the only one who can cleanse us because He is the only PERFECT human being.

As for strong faith. Really...why do we care what others believe? Let's look at Matthew 28:19-20--Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teachign them to obey everythin I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

As for exposure to multiple viewpoints...sure, but what if a recently faithful person came onto our board and lost his or her faith because of it? His faith barely had time to be established. I don't want him to be tested before his faith can be established. Neither do I want to have anything to do with driving anyone away from God.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 26, 2006 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mark 16:16--Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

John 14:6-7 --Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For the Mark passage, where does it define what believing and baptism is?

For the John passage, how can you know that Jesus only showed himself in that one form?

How do you know other religions aren't believing in the same God you are, they're just calling things by different names?

GreyMyst

It's also a Christian board.

God gave me faith. I know. What GOD says is right is what is right. I may not know everything God says, but I do know that Christianity is the one right way. God said that much Himself.
    You're right about one thing...some people won't believe until Jesus Himself comes down and tells them so.

Also, what you were saying about people who are strong in their faith being able to withstand a quote or a picture...true, but I'm not worried about those who are strong in their faith.

Now, my saying that Christianity is the one right religion adn that that is the only religion that is going to be endorsed on this board does not mean I don't want to hear your views. Just don't do anything that will harm the spiritual health of any of our members.

BTW--What is PERL?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Christian board or not, it's not uncensored if it doesn't allow all viewpoints no matter how much they are disagreeed with. That's the basic principle of uncensored. Any board having ANY rule about what can or cannot be said is not uncensored..

Now why do we keep beinging up that argument? Because it's the truth.

John 8:14 (King James Version) Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

God may have told you what you know is true, but he's told lots of other people differant things are true. No one can prove what they know. They only know it for themselves. And if their faith was strong, they would only need to convince themselves. What others thought wouldn't be of consequence.

People aren't very spiritually healthy to begin with if they can't withstand a little criticism, introspection, or exposure to multiple viewpoints. most people think thier beliefs fall under the auspices of truth.

Faith grows through challenges. The person who is lazy in faith keeps thier faith but it is a small faith. Those who challenge it allow it to grow and emerge far stronger. I have nothing against Christians, I just can't agree with anyone who thinks he is better or holier than any of God's other children.

PERL is a programming language that the software the runs many message boards is written in.

You can ban me if you want, I really don't care. I came to this board on accident was was discusted by the unabashed arrogance.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
    ~1 John 2:23

Jesus is that Son.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast