Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Let us not sit by as they erode our rights as Christians!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tra:
    Living a good and worthwhile life is impossible. Christianity is the one right religion. Period the end.

Athiests are soooooo persecuted. Their religion (yes, athiesm is a religion of non-religion) is the only one allowed to be taught in schools.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Creationism can be taught in schools. Actually, aside from that, they don't teach any religion. They don't say "Alright, children, there's no god." They teach evolution, a theory backed up by literally whole libraries of evidence.
    I know no one who was ever persecuted for being an athiest.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Except for by Christtians, namely you, you're right.
    Just because someone tries to show Christ to you doesn't mean you are persecuted.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah. It's just when they get MAD about it.

HMMMMMMMM.
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is very little evidence for evolution that cannot be explained in another way. I have taken an evolution course. There is only evidence for microevolution...the small evolutions over time that might be known as adaptation. I do not deny microevolution. Macroevolution...the theory that we evolved from a common ancestor as the chimpanzee...indeed, that all life evolved from a common ancestor...is baloney. There is no evidence for that. The only evidence for macroevolution is extrapolation from the fact of microevolution. This is because no one can see macroevolution in progress...and we all know you guys don't believe anythingyou can't see.

I am not mad.

I am persecuting no one. I am trying to show the Love of God to them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Am I the only one, but do any of you notice hostility towards Christians seems to be growing? I don't rub my religion in people's faces, and I am not one to prosthelytize but I might get a little more vocal as I am tired of hearing how Christianity has made the world such a horrible place. :/

Sheesh! If I hear radical Christianity is as bad as radical Islam or that Christians have killed the most people in history, I'm going to scream! And then these comments open a Christian bashing fest that most people don't even realize I don't want to hear because I'm just not very vocal about my religion in non-religious areas.

And don't get me started on all the sterotypes people have about Catholics!

Had to vent where people could understand. *hugs*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by KarmaIronic:
    Am I the only one, but do any of you notice hostility towards Christians seems to be growing? I don't rub my religion in people's faces, and I am not one to prosthelytize but I might get a little more vocal as I am tired of hearing how Christianity has made the world such a horrible place. :/

Sheesh! If I hear radical Christianity is as bad as radical Islam or that Christians have killed the most people in history, I'm going to scream! And then these comments open a Christian bashing fest that most people don't even realize I don't want to hear because I'm just not very vocal about my religion in non-religious areas.

And don't get me started on all the sterotypes people have about Catholics!

Had to vent where people could understand. *hugs*
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not Christianity, for me. It's hardcore Christianity. Christianity that believes in Creationism just because it's in the bible. It's Christians who think that the Bible is absolute 100% true, even though there are countless contradictions. Don't say "What contradictions?, because I've posted them three times.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Read the Bible for yourself and see everything in context. There are no contradictions and there is nothing wrong with hardcore, radical Christianity.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Read the Bible for yourself and see everything in context. There are no contradictions and there is nothing wrong with hardcore, radical Christianity.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rather than sifting through it, maybe YOU'D like to tell me why what I posted is not a contradiction.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why should I do the work for you? Try reading it yourself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gotta disagree with you on that one, Tra. I think radicial anything is a bad thing. I'm just saying if I had to chose between the two I would definetly rather live under radicial Christianity then radical Islam. Especially considering that radicial Christians don't kill people nearly as often as radicial Muslims.

However, I am ashamed of the people from groups like Godhates****.com who interupt the funerals of men who served our country with their rhetoric. If they don't like gay people, fine, but I don't see how hatred is doing anything constructive about it. Aren't we supposed to love the sinner and hate the sin itself? They're not doing that and I think they give rest of us Christians a bad name.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've never heard of this website of hate, but it does sound awful. Of course we are supposed to hate the sin and not the sinner. It is really sad when people mix those up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why should I do the work for you? Try reading it yourself.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I KNEW it!