Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi There -

I am 34 weeks pregnant and have been dx with Placenta Accreta and Placenta Previa since about 20 wks. I am getting admitted on Monday (3/7) for about 2 weeks until they take the baby via c-section at 36 weeks. I have blood donors lined up, an oncologist who will attend the surgery, etc. It seems all the bases are covered - except, I am scared to death. I am crying as I write this, because I just don't know what to expect and have never met anyone who has had this, and never talked to anyone who has gotten thru this. just need to hear something good from someone?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tammy,

It sounds like your doctors have all bases covered. Are they going to put the balloons in your legs to help control the bleeding too?? I know it is a scary thing but you should be fine....Paige who is another poster here had the same thing and the doctors were even able to save her uterus! Have they talked to you about the possibility of a hysterectomy? Is this your first baby?

Please keep us posted....my thoughts are with you and your little one!

Jodi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Jodi -

Thank you for your response. This is my second baby. The placenta is attaching into my previous c-sections' scar tissue. Yes, they have mentioned putting balloons in my legs. I am glad to hear I should be okay. I would love to hook up with Paige too, to hear about her experiences. I know they are going to try and save my uterus, but I am preparing (per their guidance) for a hysterectomy. You know doctors always want to give "worse case scenario".

I am off to the hospital in the morning. I will keep you all posted when I get out. Hopefully in a few weeks.

Tammy