Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi there,
    I have already gotten some great info just by reading the archives but I am wondering if you know the risks of a previa reoccurring after a cpp and accreta. I see that the chance of another accreta is 1:3 (wow!) but I have come up empty in trying to find previa risk related to accreta and previous previa.
    My story: 2 D&Cs as a teen for uncontrolled periods. Miscarriage in May 03 with D&C. DD born at 36wks in March 04 by C-section for cpp and accreta. EDD Sept 19/06.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Erin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Erin,

First and foremost...congrats on your pregnancy!!!
    I'm sorry I don't know to much about cpp. It seems that cpp is often a symptom of placenta accreta because the placenta doesn't move (thus the unusual attachment to the uterus). If I had to hazard a guess (and this is really a guess), I would say that your risk is in the placenta accreta more so than the cpp. It would seem that your scar tissue is probably near your cervix so the chance of cpp would be higher. Does this make any sense??? I am not a doctor and like I said....just totally hypothesizing here. Are you being followed by a high risk doc???

Jodi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Erin,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. A high risk OB could probably answer your questions about risk and may be a good choice for managing your care especially at delivery.

I consulted with a high risk OB after an accreta birth and hemorrhage and found a reassuring level of knowledge about the associated risks as well as a clear plan for how to mitigate those risks.

Christy