Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, they aren't sure if placenta accreta is what I have or if the placenta is just anterior. Stated that placenta accreta really can't be diagnosed through ultrasound. Either way, they will be prepared for the c-section, and won't be doing another scan until 36 weeks. I feel a little better, but not totally off the hook. Just more things to think about. Plus, I failed my one hour glucose test again(as with my prior pregnancies) and have the three hour scheduled for 01/31. So, I really don't know what I have, but won't know until 36 weeks or delivery. Nice, huh?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for keeping us updated. I really really really hope that it is just anterior!!! Please keep us updated as the date gets closer.

BTW, I failed my 1 hour too but passed my 3 hour.

Jodi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How did your 3 hour test go? I failed my 3 hour test with this last pregnancy. Gestational diabetes isn't much fun but it's do-able. I hope you passed. One less thing for you to have to think about!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I passed my three hour test. But, my doctor called me yesterday to talk about my concerns from the last appointment, and wants to do another ultrasound at my next appointment, and if I still have a previa, possible accreta, there are some things that we need to talk about. Right when I started putting my mind at ease, this comes up again. I am really frightened here, and am going to start looking for a family member with the same blood type to be on standby for a possible transfusion, if that needs to happen. UGH! Now, I am ******** out again! I hope that the placenta previa has moved, and that I don't have accreta, like formerly thought. I wonder why they are thinking of monitoring me more closely now than opposed to two weeks ago? I have been following an exercise routine, but have read that with previa, you shouldn't be exercising or lifting more than 20 pounds. My kids are 30 and 35 pounds each. I cannot stop carrying them around..I love it! Plus, it says no sex after 28 weeks, that is going to drive my dh batty!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The anxiety is enough to drive anyone nuts!!! I don't know much about previa as I didn't have it. I truly hope that the placenta moved....my guess would be that if it did move you don't have accreta. Why do they think you have accreta? How many weeks are you now? Have they mentioned an MRI????

Definitly get some friends and relatives to donate blood if you can. I had a transfusion and it was really no big deal but I would have probably felt a little more comfortable if I knew whose blood it was KWIM. No sex after 28 weeks? Ugh.....well maybe now would be a good time to experiment with alternative ways to be intimate ....might take your mind off of things anyway [img]wink.gif[/img]

Let us know how it goes at the doc.

Jodi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am 26.5 weeks right now. At my last appointment I mentioned about diagnosing accreta without an MRI, and the NP must have said something to the doctor about it. They aren't really sure what we are looking at I don't think. Hopefully I will know a lot more on the 17th, and put my mind at ease, whether it's previa, accreta, both, or neither. It seems as though it's all up in the air right now. I think there will be more of a concrete plan after my appointment. I am anxiously awaiting two weeks more. I will update on the information for sure. Thank you for all of your advice and support, and I am so glad that I found this board!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi MaryJo!! Glad to hear that you are pregnant again, and that you are getting such good care!! It is nice to meet people with a similar condition, although apparently no one is sure about what I have. I am counting down the days to the 17th when I can hopefully figure this all out! I am not prepared nor ready or okay with having a hysterectomy after this birth. I am only 28 years old, and I would be totally devastated! I have yet to ask anyone about standing by to give blood for me because I am just not sure it will be warranted at this point. I am just trying to concentrate on the positives, but it's hard. I am feeling very depressed during this pregnancy I think. I am just not sure what's going on and that's disheartening. I wish you all of the best with this pregnancy and hope that things go your way! Good luck, and I will be sure to update after my appointment!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

I do know just how you feel about the pregnancy being disheartening. It's not fair that we should be robbed of our joy. I can imagine how you feel about the Hysterectomy I too would feel that way if I was 28 or if that happend w/ my last child. How many Children do you have now? 2? I have found some very good info today about Acretta, it also talks about a Hysterectomy as well and what to expect. I was also thinking that just a bag or 2 of blood would be enough but that is not the case. And thinking of people that could donate for me. Let me know if you wan't me to post those web sites for you. I don't want them to depress you more tho. Hang in there and I will be saying my prayers for you. What keeps me going is knowing that I have 3 healthy children at home and they need me. So whatever it takes. I haven't even had a firm diagnosis yet but they seem pretty sure w/ my past history and the problems I have been having.

Mary Jo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

P.S.

I can't have sex either! not even a ****** !

Mary Jo [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I have been reading your e-mails. I'm glad I found this sight.
    I am 36 yrs old pregnant w/ my 4th child (9 weeks)
    I have had severe bleeding since about 4 weeks hospitalized 3 x's already. Baby has a strong heart beat. I had a D & C after my first child 6 weeks Post. (Retained Placenta) A C-section w/my second ( no problems ) My Dr. thinks I had Placenta Accreta w/ my 3rd. I also bled alot and had to have a blood transfusion. The Dr. aggresively removed my placenta manually. I had a a D&C as well, I still had to have 2 D & C's after that birth, w/in a 3 month period.(my previous Dr. took horrible care of me in Atlanta, he no longer has a practice) My Uterus is full of scar tissue as were my tubes. Very shocked we even conceived ( not planned) We of course don't know for sure now but he suspects Accreta. My Dr. is taking very good care of me. I see him once a week. We already have a birth plan. He told me I will have a level 2 ultrasound @ 18 weeks, if not confirmed, a MRI. There will be plenty of blood at delivery time and I will deliver 2 weeks before due date. We are also planning a hysterectomy if needed. I am ok w/ this. I refuse to take any chances w/ this delivery.
    I have been doing alot of research on this subject and I read that the AFP test can help w/ diagnosing this condition. (Elevated- Maternal Serum Alpha Fetalprotein)

I hope things work out w/ you and please get as much info as possible and be comfy w/ your OB.
    Again, I am just going to be prepared as much as possible. I have lost too much blood already and I need to know the risks up front.

Mary Jo

I will keep in touch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast