Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to a safe place to discuss concerns around Placenta Accreta. I was diagnosed with full placenta accreta when I gave birth to my son in October 2002 (read my full story at www.coachjodi.com). At that time very little was known about this disorder. I felt completely alone and had no one to turn to for ongoing support while I recovered from this traumatic experience. I have since found other women who have endured the same pain and we have found comfort and friendship in each other's words of encouragement. To that end, I am hosting this message board for anyone looking for the same. Come here to discuss accreta, percreta, increta or any other issues for which you seek guidance and support! As a Maternity Coach and the moderator of this board, I offer to you unconditional support and encouragement!

Please feel free to join us and most importantly, have fun!

Warmly,
    Jodi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Hi, I was searching on the Net for a placenta accreta support group and I came across your site. I am 34 years old, I had my first child (baby girl) back in June after a complicated pregnancy. I had pre-ruptured membranes at 25 weeks along which put me on bed rest for remaining of my pregnancy. I hung on to 35 weeks when the decision was made at that point to enduce me. Ten hours after I was enduced, the decision was made for me to have a c-section. Finally to my husband's and my relief our beautiful daughter was born. After they were tring to finish me, it was discovered my placenta had attached to my uterus. I was then put completely out and woke up in recovery in a lot of pain and was told I was still hemmoriging and needed a blood transfusion. My doctor told me that she was going to try a few things to get me to stop bleeding...but if those things failed, then I would need a hystorectomy. I woke up after the second surgery and was told I had to have the hystorectomy...I thought I was having a nightmare! I wasn't told much after that by my doctor and the only information I have found regarding this condition is off the Net. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same that I could talk to...or someone who knows this condition.
    Thanks,

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so sorry that your placenta complications ended in having to have a hysterectomy. More so since this was sprung on you after giving birth to your beautiful daughter.

With placenta accreta/increta there is always a risk that the drs can't control the bleeding and that a hysterectomy is the only thing that can save your life. My first preg I also had an accreta (daughter was stillborn). Since bleeding was under control, my dr decided to leave the complete placenta inside, which much later my body absorbed it and I passed a few pieces (rather gross sounding). My second pregnancy I was pre-diagnosed with another accreta and while the dr made plans for everything, I was told that there is a chance that I might need a hysterectomy if they couldn't control the bleeding. Long story short, everything went better than expected and I had a beautiful healthy girl at 37 weeks.

Ironically, they don't know why I had an accreta with the first preg. All the books indicate that your chances of an accreta increase with each pregnancy, uterine surgery, D&C or abortions. None of which I ever had. It is still a mystery for us.

I hope You are doing better - both mentally and physically. You have come to the right place to talk.

Welcome,

Paige