Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We need to get the word out to all women of childbearing age that just because you have an accreta doesn't mean that you need a hysterectomy. A hysterectomy should be the last resort, even if you are done having children. More importantly we need to inform doctors. Too often accretas aren't noticed until after delivery, too late for any real discussion between the dr and patient on what to do. There are a lot of conservative options: methatrexate, leaving placenta inside, IV antibiotics.

For those of us that have had an accreta, it is important to discuss your next pregnancy with you dr and plan for another possible accreta. If your dr doesn't have a plan for saving your uterus - Find another Doctor!!

-Paige

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree!!!!!! Especially for those women who have risk factors and "warning signs". All precautions should be taken for a possible accreta including having blood ready in case of hemmorhaging (which I can never spell correctly). I can't imagine sitting here today not having a choice as to whether to have another baby or not.

Jodi