Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Maybe the cowboys wives should have a relationship as well, and then their horses can and the chickens can and the pigs can and then it'll be like shangrila [img]eek.gif[/img]

Trav makes a good point. If the basis of the storyline is two cowboys who have a gay relationship, then it's a gay cowboy movie.

Freedom of choice. Welcome to America. Watch what you wanna watch, read what you wanna read, and see what you wanna see.

No-one is forced to look at "mens magazines" if they choose not to. No-one is forced to watch certain programs, you can just change the channel. No-one is forced to watch a movie about gay cowboys if they choose not to.

I'M A YANKEE DOODLE DANDY... [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="#FFFFAA" size="1">[ January 06, 2006 10:26 AM: Message edited by: The Big Sexy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is the movie about cowboys? Yes. Are the cowboys gay? Yes. So the movie is a gay cowboy movie. I don't see why it's a problem to call a spade a spade. Oh, I forgot, it's not politicaly correct.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I haven't seen the movie, but listening to those who have, calling it a "gay cowboy movie" is a way to pigeonhole something to make it easy to understand, especially for those who don't understand or are uncomfortable with some of the issues the movie addresses. The story line is apparently much more complex than reducing it to "gay cowboy movie".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's still going to lose money.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How do you know this? What was the movie's budget? Last I heard, it lead most if not all movies in revenues per screen.

The difference with this one is that it has gained the attention of the mainstream, some of whom will go to see this movie.

These types of movies get made all the time, and people go to see them - people like you just aren't totally aware of them. Somebody's got to be making money off of them, not only from the theaters, but rentals, etc.

If money weren't to be made, there would be no "Wedding Banquet", "Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss", "But I'm a Cheerleader", "The Birdcage", "Priscilla Queen of the Desert", "Love! Valour! Compassion!", "Torch Song Trilogy", "Broken Hearts Club", "Beautiful Thing," "Maurice." Those are the ones I can remember - at least that I've seen.

<font color="#FFFFAA" size="1">[ January 06, 2006 10:51 AM: Message edited by: The Big Sexy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes they are, but what has that to do with cheating on your partner?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you saw the movie you'd understand.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not true, a movie about adultery is a movie about adultery sexual preference has nothing to do with it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Last time I checked, the Ten Commandments told us to not covet thy neighbor's wife. It says nothing about coveting they neighbor's husband.

People in Biblical times weren't hung up about homosexuality like they are today.

<font color="#FFFFAA" size="1">[ January 06, 2006 10:57 AM: Message edited by: The Big Sexy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dulcinea:

And Trav, I believe that the cowboys' relationship with each other preceeds their respective marriages. Even though they wanted to be with each other, they had to break apart and marry women because that is what society expected.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Their past relationship and whatever they were ?forced? to do by society are not the point. The married their wives and made a commitment, the movie glorifies their infidelity. In general I don?t give a shit about the movie or if it glorifies infidelity. What I care about is the wholesale liberal mantra that I am some sort of prehistoric slug just because I don?t want to go see the movie. Now you may not have meant that in your post, but it?s not you that I am concerned with. It?s all the PC shit coming from Hollywood the media and all the liberal feel good pussys that I find offensive.

Now I can understand why Big S wants to see the movie. Also, I don?t completely understand what it?s like to be attracted to a man and be married to a woman, but I do know there is more to it then a guy just wanting casual sex. If the liberals could just be honest about what the movie is and get off their holier-than-thou shit, I wouldn?t care, but as my duck friend asked ?if I don?t want to watch someone shove lima beans up their nose, does that make me a beanaphobic?" According to a lot of people it does.

<font color="#FFFFAA" size="1">[ January 06, 2006 10:46 AM: Message edited by: travelinman ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Their past relationship and whatever they were ?forced? to do by society are not the point. The married their wives and made a commitment, the movie glorifies their infidelity.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm deducting mongo credibility points because you don't know that it does.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by The Big Sexy:
    Last I heard, it lead most if not all movies in revenues per screen.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes because it was a limited release in "gay friendly" areas. You even said that yourself.

Face it, if it was showing at the Showcase Cinema in Springdale against Walk the line, Munich, King Kong, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, Memoirs of a Geisha and Fun With Dick & Jane to name a few it wouldn?t pay for the electric to run the projector and the HVAC system in that one theater.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now I can understand why Big S wants to see the movie.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why point ME out? A lot of people want to see this movie. You should understand that.