Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

Got a little bit chilly last night, and a lotta bit chilly this morning so it was that time again. Time to break out the sweatshirts and some of the warmer clothes. As I closed the windows and went to get something warmer to put on, I reached for an old faithful article of clothing that will never ever ever be put in the "you cant wear those" bins. The Hooded sweatshirt with that amazing pouch. Now I know, I know, Adam Sandler allready sang about his "Red Hooded Sweeatshirt" (shama lama ding **** ) but he didnt go into too much deatail about one of it's most distinguishing characteristics, the pouch. And oh what a great thing that pouch is. I went to get something from the kitchen, and still had the remote in hand. So, I had to put it somewhere and it fit right in to the multi use storage area. I thought to myself, I wunder how many things I've actually put in that there pouch? Well, it's of course a great place to warm your hands, that's what it's there for. But it's had so much more carried in it over time. It's had snack bars and candy bars and bags of chips, a soda or two a beer once or twice as well. A Bagel, a donut (keep them wrapped up or something to avoid lint [img]wink.gif[/img] ) and snack stuff of all kinds. It's held pens and pencils and notes and stuff, I've even put my mail in there in the rain. It's held my keys once or twice, my cell phone, coupons, gum, mints probably even some loose change. When I ws younger (ike this doesnt happen on occasion now LOL!) it held some toys and stuff to play with. It really become an extra set of hands and a portable storage unit at various times of it's life. As I slid the remote out, the uses list grew once again. The hood is good, but the pouch, ah yes the pouch. Just slide those hands in there and it's instant warming. It's that comfort feeling of knwing it's there for that purpose and many others. It's like the special options package of the sweatshirt itself. Sure, we still have some pretty warm days left on the calender, but sweatshirt and boot season are upon us and it's time to break them out of their summer long slumber. Time to get back to quite possibly the most comfortable piece of clothing ever invented. The hooded sweatshirt, A little baggy, big and heavy. KInd of like a comforter that you can wear. Hood's there if need and that pouch. What would it be without that pouch? Just another sweatshirt, though there is nothing wrong with that.

Here's to the return of sweatshirt days!
    Long live the pouch! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 29, 2006 08:39 AM: Message edited by: cincygreg ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

IN case you've never heard it. Here's Sandler's somng lyrics,

Performed by adam sandler and i. maxtone-graham

My mom bought you when I was just 13,
    The brightest red sweatshirt I ever seen.
    She got an extra large so I wouldnt grow out,
    Thats too big for you! the other kids would shout.
    But we stuck together, we didnt quit,
    And now the children say, what a perfect fit.

I love you sweeeeatshirt
    Red hooded
    Sweeeeatshirt
    Dip dip dip
    Sweeeeatshirt
    Shama lama ding ****
    Sweeeeatshirt.

I like to rest my hands in your kangaroo pouch,
    It makes them feel comfy like a big soft couch.
    And I dont care if the weathers no good,
    I say see you later rain as I pull up my hood.
    Remember that long bus trip when I needed a nap? ,
    I used you as a pillow on that spanish ladys lap.
    I love you sweeeeatshirt red hooded
    Sweeeeatshirt
    Dip dip dip sweeeeatshirt
    Shama lama ding ****
    Sweeeeatshirt.

Oh what is it about you that makes me so jolly? ,
    Is it your fifty cotton or your fifty poly?

I dont knoooooooww
    Ohh ohh hoo hoo hoo.

Oh red hooded sweatshirt we been through a lot together like that time I played in that shirts and skins basketball game and I had to take you off and throw you in the corner of the gym. I was m
    Through the game and then I saw you looking at me. you were staring as if to say adam, you **** at basketball, you dribble like a **** woman. I was so mad I challenged you to a game
    Ne on one and you know sweatshirt, even though I beat you 11 to 9, deep in my soul I know you missed those lay-ups on purpose. you let me win and that why Ill forever feel this way.

I love you sweeeeatshirt
    Red hooded
    Sweeeeatshirt
    Dip dip dip
    Sweeeeatshirt
    Shama lama ding ****
    Sweeeeatshirt.

Come on audience members, help me out here.

I love you sweeeeatshirt
    Red hooded
    Sweeeeatshirt
    Dip dip dip
    Sweeeeatshirt
    Shama lama ling ****
    Sweeeeatshirt.

I love you sooooooooooo.