Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMG....I haven't been around(even lurking) for a while. I was about to go to bed, and something told me to check CDS board.

I'm at a loss for words. I know some of you have gotten close to Dulc. I'm so sorry.

Dulc was a great person, and I can't even imagine what the boys are going through.
    [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I keep finding myself speculating things that I shouldn't, after Big Sexy's post. Hopefully, I'll know more today.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am very saddened to hear that Dulc is no longer with us. She was such an amazing lady! My thoughts go out to those of you who knew her best, esp TBS, Gae, and of course her boys.

Jester,

LawDawg and I wonder about the same thing as you...say it isn't true...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Count me in as having "questions", especially after reading reason's post of yesterday .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have posted that. In the moment of being stunned, my concerns about her from last week came to the forefront.

Dulc and I had decided we were going to go out either the 15th or the 22nd. We "soft circled" the 15th and said we'd tentatively go out that night unless something in our schedules conflicted.

I emailed her around Monday or Tuesday of last week and Tuesday posted here on our date thread, telling her I looked forward to going out on the 15th. I also accepted her invitation to come to her work and eat at her desk (she had cafeteria tokens she wanted to use).

I didn't hear from her so maybe a couple days later I wrote her again and told her I was concerned as I thought it was unusual for her to not respond, especially after back-and-forth emails indicating an interest in catching up on things (my vacation and her new job).

She was never big on her cell phone, so it made sense that I wasn't able to leave a message, though I did try about 4 times.

So that's the background. I didn't mean to make this the focus of discussion. Like I said, she was already on my mind due to her absence so the stunning news of her passing probably hit me a little differently than it did others here.

I emailed her several times, posted on this board and tried to call and got no response. That just didn't seem like her, though from time to time recently there were gaps due to the stress of her change in jobs.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 21, 2006 07:59 AM: Message edited by: The Big Sexy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When we lose someone close we don't feel "whole" for a long time. Nothing feels "real" either, like the rest of the world keeps going about its business and everything has stopped in your world. But it does get better, although at first you think it never can...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My concern is for her youngest son. Maureen felt he was different than the older one, and she was especially interested in understanding him and being a capable parent as he developed into an adult.

Both children have experienced a huge loss, but it was her special concern for her youngest that makes me realize not only how much Maureen cared for her children, but how her youngest has lost his biggest supporter.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 21, 2006 08:55 AM: Message edited by: The Big Sexy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's hard enough on an adult to accept a loss like this, my heart goes out to her kids. I hope her x-husband and his new wife step up and are there for them...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Losing a parent (or any family member) isnt ever easy. My dad died when I was very young, I was about 9 years old. In fact myself and my brother and sister were all between 9-12 years old when it happened.
    We moved here because much of my Mom's family was here and they were a very solid support group. I give my mom credit for raising us (and putting up with us) through adolesense and beyond.

Hopefuly their dad and stepmother will pick up where she unfortunately had to leave off as far as supporting the kids.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey guys...it's just me, jdf. I cannot remember any of my old passwords, or it just won't let me use them.

Anyway...to say I was stunned by this is an understatement. As a parent, my heart positively breaks for Dulc's boys. I certainly hope KP does right by them.

gae...I cannot come up with your email address in my failes anywhere. Could you send me one at [email protected]?

Other than this...I hope every one is doing well.