0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cool

SMOKING BAN

Could be happening very very soon.

[img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Emperor Napoleon

We have had such a ban in Florida for a year now, went into effect right after I moved here. It's state wide here. No smoking inside ANY public building, restaurant or bar. Loophole is, ofcourse, patio dining/drinking. No smoking within 25 feet of entrances of my building here at work.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You know, I don't smoke, and I really can't tolerate being around it too much (call me a wuss if you will, but my eyes water, I get a headache, etc.; that's the main reason I don't bowl much, which is a good thing for Boo Boo otherwise I'd be constantly beating the hell out of she and Alison at Colerain Bowl)

But that said...

It's getting to be ridiculous. Not to sound like Mr. Civil Libertarian here, but if a private business wants to allow smoking, that should be its business to do so. The market will determine whether that is a prudent choice.

No one ever accounts for the slippery slope argument. You think it will end with cigarettes? Think again.

Quite honestly, we live in a country where we have too many people with nothing to do. I say, bring back the draft, take those losers at thetruth.com and ship their sorry asses to Iraq. Maybe then they'll realize it wasn't so bad here after all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am SO for the smoking ban.

I'm allergic to smoke. If exposed to dense concentrations of it for say an hour or so, I end up with a nasty sinus infection that lasts for two weeks.

I'll bust someone's chops if I hear about "smokers' rights."

What is a smoker's right?

The right to pollute perfectly clean air in confined spaces?

The right to transfer the smell of their smoke to the point that clothes must be removed at the first possible moment and that coats remain in the car on cold winter evenings so they aren't exposed to smoke odors?

The right to make others' eyes watery?

The right to make others' throats sore?

I have a right to clean air. Smokers don't have a right to pollute it. They don't have a right to affect my health.

Here's to a smoking ban!

Emperor Napoleon

I have been smoking cigars since I was 11 yrs old. But I never smoke within the confines of my home or in a closed vehicle.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

While I understand Lew's point of view, I gotta side with Reason on this one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Farting may be offensive to others, but as a gassy person, I like to fart. All that pressure builds up, and it becomes quite painful. Ahh, release is quite pleasurable, if not necessary.

Personally, I find second hand smoke as offensive as most would find farting.

But since *I* like it and there's no law against it, I suppose smokers would have no problem with me passing a big fat one in their face.

I think I have a lot in common with smokers. Farting and smoking are quite similar, except I'm not sure the release of a fart is as unhealthy (feel free to discuss that point).

Farters and smokers UNITE!

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ June 10, 2004 10:47 AM: Message edited by: reason ]</font>

Emperor Napoleon

I think I have a lot in common with smokers. Farting and smoking are quite similar
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">At least for you...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Good analogy Reason. The next time I'm at a restaurant and have to inhale second hand smoke that wafts over me and my food, I'll get up and cut a fart near the smoker. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tit for tat!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jumper69:
    Good analogy Reason. The next time I'm at a restaurant and have to inhale second hand smoke that wafts over me and my food, I'll get up and cut a fart near the smoker. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tit for tat!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast