Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

you know what...I refuse to waste my time reading this entire thread, because it would be 5 pages ad nauseuam of people saying the same thing over and over and over.

But I'm going to give you my two cents.

Every single one of you who thinks single pregnant women or a single mother has no right to be in a classroom teaching can kiss my ass. *bends over and points* right there. and there and there, Trust me...it's big enough all of you can do it at the same time.

It hate to tell you, but I probably set a better example of humanity that 90% of your "god fearing, law abiding, straight upstanding" educators out there.
    (As an aside, I share reasons offense that homosexuality is often lumped in with pedophilia, bestiality, and the like. Granted, I don't always agree with what he says...most of it I just laugh at and skim over. As for the women...I think that if a woman chooses a job that requires a certain physical mettle, then by god, she better be able to do it as well as a man (i.e. in firefighting) But to suggest that you would not want a perosn "influencing" your child because that person is gay, is just plain fucking ignorant. I'll give you a list of gay people that I would rather in contact with my children, than some of the "straight" people society forces on them...)

Any way...I digress. Sean (Raven) made an excellent point...god forbid a woman should set the example to be strong and take responsibility for your actions, and opt to raise the child alone. Is she up there telling your kids...go sleep with anyone you want. Get an Abortion if you get caught? If that's the case, then yeah, there's a problem. But..if she is setting the example that even though she may have made a poor decision (even if she made it more than 1 time), but she is taking resposibility...why should you insist that that is warping your child? Pathetic, narrow minded, hypocritial dolts you are.

Wanna know one reason I get thoroughy tired of catholic mass? I take offense to being told that as a former single mother, or if I were homosexual, I am as evil as the molester, embezzler, or even the murderer on death row. Somehow, I don't think so...but if you do, your loss. And what a badge of stupidity you wear.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Look at jdf breaking out the smack. If one didn't know any better, one would think she's been hanging around Gunslinger....

Like I said earlier, single pregnant teacher is perfectly suited to teach, so long as she sticks to the subject matter. No, 1st graders don't need to know that Heather has two mommies, but as others have posted, 1st graders don't need to know how Heather's mommy and daddy procreated her, either. If the class is art, then it needs to be about art. If it's U.S. History 1775-1861, it needs to be about that. Bottom line, if you dance with who brung ya, you'll be alright in this world.

And one subject that isn't being taught enough in our schools is my favorite- whup-ass, which is currently being taught every Friday night by a little team on North Bend Road known as St.X.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

If I was ever going to agree with JDF, let it be on this. Complete idiotic thinking.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Point taken. But isnt it the whole idea of equality, that nothing needs to be hidden.
    Just a question and not a belief of mine, Would it be inconcievable(sp) that there are jobs that may not be practicle for Gays to do, or in other words just to damn difficult. I dont know but would be intrested to hear Reasons views.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You need to understand were Sean is coming from. He is in the UK and we are in the US, both the tolerance and the openness for gay and lesbian relationships is different where he is.

Some of the public behavior I saw in Sweden and Spain would have made me uncomfortable even if the couples were hetro.

I am not sure about where Sean is but in parts of Europe a gay elementary school teacher would have no problem holding hands with his lover at a school function.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't want my kids exposed to this until they are old enough to understand.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Would it be inconcievable(sp) that there are jobs that may not be practicle for Gays to do, or in other words just to damn difficult.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Priests... [img]eek.gif[/img]

I know...I know....I'm going to hell! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jumper69:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Would it be inconcievable(sp) that there are jobs that may not be practicle for Gays to do, or in other words just to damn difficult.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Priests... [img]eek.gif[/img]

I know...I know....I'm going to hell! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, you're not going to hell...the priests are.

Forgive me for appearing to tell you how to raise your children, but there's a danger in shielding a child from what they are going to see and hear elsewhere.

Age appropriate discussion is a good thing. Knowledge is power.

What bothers me is that the restrictions are all targeted at gay people. There's this not so covert bias that runs deep.

From many comments on here, there appears to be a high level of fear of having a gay man teach your young son, but no fear of having a straight man teach your young daughter.

And that's a problem.

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ October 12, 2004 12:20 PM: Message edited by: reason ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by travelinman:
    You need to understand were Sean is coming from. He is in the UK and we are in the US, both the tolerance and the openness for gay and lesbian relationships is different where he is.

Some of the public behavior I saw in Sweden and Spain would have made me uncomfortable even if the couples were hetro.

I am not sure about where Sean is but in parts of Europe a gay elementary school teacher would have no problem holding hands with his lover at a school function.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't want my kids exposed to this until they are old enough to understand.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And as we know, decadent countries like Sweden and Canada are going to hell in a handbasket.

Children are turning homo by the thousands and being molested by pedophile teachers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Sean Pa:
    Point taken. But isnt it the whole idea of equality, that nothing needs to be hidden.
    Just a question and not a belief of mine, Would it be inconcievable(sp) that there are jobs that may not be practicle for Gays to do, or in other words just to damn difficult. I dont know but would be intrested to hear Reasons views.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Its a dangerous precedent to classify an entire class of people as "unfit" based on personal bias.

I've repeatedly had to fight off the pedophile label here despite the fact I would never touch nor harm a child. I refused to be deemed unfit due to incorrect and bigoted attitudes.

Before you know it, someone like me would be banned for a host of reasons from assorted professions like counseling, sports and recreation, teaching, ministry, nursing, assorted health care, food service (disease), public service, and a bunch of others.

It really is a scary proposition that Sean makes. Once it starts, there's no limit to where it can stop.

That's why Bush's support of a Constitutional amendment is chilling. It has a cornucopia of ramifications for everyone, not just gay people.

The free America we all love is under attack by the likes of Burress, Bush and Lew.

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ October 12, 2004 12:34 PM: Message edited by: reason ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Sean Pa:
    We agree to disagree then Jumper, I still think 5 is too young to be introduced to same sex relationships you dont, Fair enough, I`ve never claimed to be right.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well then what do you do when your child's classmate talks about her two mommies?

Ban the lesbians' child from class?