Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Another Ugly Republican

Cagliostro

Originally posted by reason:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by G L:
    I wouldn't want anyone like reason teaching future children of my own. Not because he's gay but because he is bigotted, narrow minded and uses stereotypes to define people. Like GS pointed out, he throws out comments left and right and then hides behind his gayness. He's a whining, leftist, homophobic jerk. And since he also happens to be gay that means he's self-loathing on top of it. Not sure what happened to him from when he used to post on here and when he came back. But in the transition I have lost any and all respect I had for him. He's a loser. And that's why I have him on "ignore". Not sure why the rest of you waste your time answering him.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok, gae. This would be a prime example of you stepping in a la Pina and deleting the post or GL entirely.

While others are contributing to the discussion, this is more of the same from GL.

Boot him. Pina got booted temporarily for a lot less.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I made the mistake of logging off and then coming back on and seeing your comment. You are PATHETIC.

You have called me gay, you have called me "queer", you have told flat out lies suggesting you and I "hooked up" when you were in Florida and fortunately I didn't even see you when you were here. You have made nothing but insulting comments about my home. You have said I "swish" when I walk. You distort every comment someone makes that you disagree with. You throw out insults all over the place and when someone says anything back to you that you don't like you whine like a good little leftist. You really should lobby Kerry for a cabinet position. You are arrogant, hostile and bring nothing worth reading to the discussion. Before Gae asked "us" to keep "our" war to a separate thread you made a nasty, unprovoked comment about everything I said. When I stopped ignoring YOUR attacks suddenly it was "our" fight. Go to hell reason. You are a worthless piece of shit and I don't care what anyone else thinks of my saying so.

Cagliostro

calling me abnormal
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be a valid observation regardless of what your sexuality is because you are an arrogant piece of shit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nowhere did I see where he said gays should be banned from anything. He said that some jobs would be difficult for gays.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some jobs? Some jobs?

He said he didn't want his children exposed during their tender age.

Did you think teachers are the only ones who could potentially expose his children?

I'm not taking anything out of context. I'm taking what he said and carrying it to fruition. I'm telling you that once this shit starts, it justifies banning exposure to a host of other things.

If he doesn't want his kids being taught by a gay person (a concept I find thoroughly offensive - something some of you just don't get), we can extend that to god knows what else - coaching, counseling, ministry, etc. This isn't far fetched at all.

Sean thinks I'm taking things out of context. No. I'm taking what he says and telling him the ramifications.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are HIS children. If he doesn't want to deal with that at age 5 it is HIS RIGHT. You have no right to tell him that he HAS to expose his child to this when he does not want to.

If my three year old were to come home and tell me that little Janey had two mommies here is how the conversation would probably go:

L: Hey daddy, Janey told me she has two mommies.

GS: Really, sweetie, why did she tell you that?

L: She just did. Why does she have two mommies?

GS: Sweetie, I'm not sure why but taking care of kids by yourself is really hard and you need two adults around to do it sometimes.

at this point Lil would go off on to aggravate her sister.

When they are little Reason, you do not need to go in depth with them about preferences and orientations. All they need is a short and sweet answer.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nowhere did I see where he said gays should be banned from anything. He said that some jobs would be difficult for gays.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some jobs? Some jobs?

He said he didn't want his children exposed during their tender age.

Did you think teachers are the only ones who could potentially expose his children?

I'm not taking anything out of context. I'm taking what he said and carrying it to fruition. I'm telling you that once this shit starts, it justifies banning exposure to a host of other things.

If he doesn't want his kids being taught by a gay person (a concept I find thoroughly offensive - something some of you just don't get), we can extend that to god knows what else - coaching, counseling, ministry, etc. This isn't far fetched at all.

Sean thinks I'm taking things out of context. No. I'm taking what he says and telling him the ramifications.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are HIS children. If he doesn't want to deal with that at age 5 it is HIS RIGHT. You have no right to tell him that he HAS to expose his child to this when he does not want to.

If my three year old were to come home and tell me that little Janey had two mommies here is how the conversation would probably go:

L: Hey daddy, Janey told me she has two mommies.

GS: Really, sweetie, why did she tell you that?

L: She just did. Why does she have two mommies?

GS: Sweetie, I'm not sure why but taking care of kids by yourself is really hard and you need two adults around to do it sometimes.

at this point Lil would go off on to aggravate her sister.

When they are little Reason, you do not need to go in depth with them about preferences and orientations. All they need is a short and sweet answer.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You have called me gay, you have called me "queer", you have told flat out lies suggesting you and I "hooked up"
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The hooking up thing was a joke that most people got.

But I still think you're gay. Yeah, I think you're queer. Get over it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All he has are questions.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Huh? You're wrong.

Have you been reading his posts?

He doesn't want a gay person teaching his junior high child? Why? He wants them exposed only to "normal" relationships.

Ok, we're back to this polite "I'm protecting my children" shit, all while backhandedly calling me abnormal and unfit to teach your children.

Get it?

There's no misinterpreting on my part. That's what he said. And I have a right to call him on it.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mr reason may I suggest YOU go read my post again.I clearly stated I do not know if I am correct on more than one occasion.
    I never said anywhere YOU were abnormal or that you were you were unfit to teach kids.
    Debating with you is akin to debating with a brick wall your that flexible, sadly you dont see it. I would even go as far to say with an attitude like yours Gay rights will be set back years. Luckily some good people are at the helm.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reason, I think that SeanPa and Trav's points on equality going too far have to do with the womens movement, rather than equality for gay folk.

You met my daughter, Erin. She's no slouch in the brains department, but if I were in a burning building, I'd much rather have you as a firefighter than her.

Cagliostro

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You have called me gay, you have called me "queer", you have told flat out lies suggesting you and I "hooked up"
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The hooking up thing was a joke that most people got.

But I still think you're gay. Yeah, I think you're queer. Get over it.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thinking it and stating it as a fact every day are 2 different things. Using stereotypes for your basis is an embarassment to a straight person, coming from someone who is gay your comments are repugnant.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Serial posting to let GS know that his point was made. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cagliostro

Originally posted by Sean Pa:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by reason:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All he has are questions.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Huh? You're wrong.

Have you been reading his posts?

He doesn't want a gay person teaching his junior high child? Why? He wants them exposed only to "normal" relationships.

Ok, we're back to this polite "I'm protecting my children" shit, all while backhandedly calling me abnormal and unfit to teach your children.

Get it?

There's no misinterpreting on my part. That's what he said. And I have a right to call him on it.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mr reason may I suggest YOU go read my post again.I clearly stated I do not know if I am correct on more than one occasion.
    I never said anywhere YOU were abnormal or that you were you were unfit to teach kids.
    Debating with you is akin to debating with a brick wall your that flexible, sadly you dont see it. I would even go as far to say with an attitude like yours Gay rights will be set back years. Luckily some good people are at the helm.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Spot on! His comments would be unacceptable coming froma straight person. But considering he is gay himself some of his comments are the same as an African American calling another African American a "nigger" and thinking it's OK while screaming "racism" if a Caucasion did it. reason is an embarassment to this board.