Thread: design considerations for a ghillie long cloak?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OH HAY GUYZ HOW DO I TIE BURLAP 2 DA NET?!?!?

jk, really, whoever asks this question really should take a look through the entire sub-forum archive (it's been asked quite a few times).

Now onto my problem, which may or may not sound newbish:
    I'm trying to design the ghillie suit that would not mean me gluing a net on my BDUs. It's basically the ghillie suit pictured in http://www.geocities.com/stalker217/ghillie/ but without the BDUs. However, the "jacket" would be about shin high and there wouldn't be any pants. I guess technically, it'd be a ghillie trenchcoat*.

My questions would be: would it work, are there any other considerations i'd have to know in advance, and does anybody have any tips specific to my situation.

My purpose for this project: I don't know, i do play a little bit of airsoft when my friends need more people, but I really just wanted to own one. And i think i'm going to catch rabbits with it at UC Irvine (they're really tame and i'm really bored).

My status: I am currently on the cutting and dyeing section of that page and I've read everything front to back on the site.

too, long; didn't read: making ghillie trenchcoat, help plz, kthx gg.

*no, i'm not an angsty goth planning for another columbine.

and this will be updated accordingly (with pictures too)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the idea. I was thinking the same thing. It just seems that if you want to crawl on your stomach you can open up your ghillie jacket and scoot along on your belly, then stand up later and do up the front of the coat. Plus when you are lying down and have spread your coat out it would be like covering yourself with a blanket.

I ordered this guy's partailly finished ghillie suit on ebay, but I'm thinking he's a deadbeat. Anyway it's supposed to be a graduation gown converted, sounded perfect.

If the deadbeat doesn't ship his kit I think I'll try a cape. They're simple design, a square with a hood (more or less, I'm sure it's not quite that plain). Furthermore a cape would be great for walking or crawling, you could even do the trick with thumbloops to hold it to your arms. The best part would be that when you want to crawl on your belly you open the cape and lie on your re-inforced belly!